Form of Material
11 plaques and certificates recognizing the work of Dr. Raymond B. Seymour.
ACS Tour Speaker
1977 - Mid-South Circuit
1981 - Chisholm Circuit
1983 - Palmetto Circuit
"Outstanding Achievements in Plastic Education". May 1982 in San Francisco, CA by the Society of Plastic Engineers.
Recognized as a "Notable American" by the American Biographical Institute, Raleigh, NC. (Includes the usual biographical information and the following: military service, professional career, orgainzational memberships, honors and awards.)
"Personality of the South". 1972 edition.
Designated as a "Member of the National Defense Executive Reserve" by the USA Department of Commerce. December 23, 1959.
Manufacturing Chemists' Association Award for "Excellence in Chemistry Teaching". April 29, 1976.
"Outstanding Educator of America". 1975, by the Outstanding Educators of America.
Plastic Pioeers Association (affiliate of the Society of the Plastics Industry) as a "Member in recognition of 25 years of service in furthering the Plastics Industry". July 1973.
- circa 1935-1985
Conditions Governing Access
Noncirculating; available for research.
11 Items (awards)
Language of Materials
From the Unprocessed Collection: English
Dr. Raymond Seymour, August 10, 1987.
- Awards. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Certificates. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Education, Higher -- History -- 20th century. Subject Source: Local sources
- Seymour, Raymond B., Dr. (Raymond Benedict), 1912-1991
- Teachers. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- University of Southern Mississippi -- Faculty. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- From the Unprocessed Collection: Seymour, Raymond B., Dr. (Raymond Benedict), 1912-1991 (Person)
Part of the Historical Manuscripts and Photographs Repository
118 College Drive - 5148
Hattiesburg MS 39406-0001