Landry Architectural Drawings
Drawings of buildings in the Hattiesburg, Mississippi area designed by the Hattiesburg firm founded by Juan G. Landry, now Landry and Lewis Architects, P.A.
- Creation: circa 1930-1958
Conditions Governing Access
NOTE: Permission of current owner required to view.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected from unauthorized copying by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code).
Biographical / Historical
The firm was founded in 1930 by Juan G. Landry of Louisiana, whose first job in Hattiesburg was to design an 18-bunk prison car for Forrest County. Since then the Landry firm, now Landry and Lewis Architects, P.A., has become one of the most important architectural firms in the area, specializing in commercial and especially school building design.
In 1937 Landry formed a partnership with architect Carl E. Matthes, Sr. of Biloxi, Mississippi. That same year Emmett Landry began working in his father's firm and in the 1950s Carl E. Matthes, Jr. joined the firm. Emmett Landry's sons Mike and David began working for the firm when they were teenagers, and Mike's son Chris has recently joined the firm.
10 Cubic Feet (total) : 107.A11.108.MC1.D9
Language of Materials
Donated by Mr. Mike Landry, Mr. David Garraway and transferred from the Stephen H. Blair, Jr. Architectural Drawings.
- Landry Architectural Drawings
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Historical Manuscripts and Photographs Repository
118 College Drive - 5148
Hattiesburg MS 39406-0001