Methodist Hospital/Wesley Medical Center Collection
A collection of correspondence, photographs, slides, newsletters, advertisements, brochures, manuals, press releases, reports, scrapbooks, in-house publications, files and other material that document the history and activities of the Methodist Hospital/Wesley Medical Center through its various incarnations.
- Creation: circa 1921-2001
Conditions Governing Access
Noncirculating; available for research.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected from unauthorized copying by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code).
Biographical / Historical
A collection of materials that document the history and activities of the Methodist Hospital/Wesley Medical Center through its various incarnations. The facility was established in 1900, as Ross Sanitarium and later operated as the Gulf and Ship Island Railroad Employees Hospital, Hattiesburg Hospital, King’s Daughter’s Hospital, and Methodist Hospital. In 1997 it acquired its current name, Wesley Medical Center. The hospital was located at the end of Bay Street in Southeast Hattiesburg until 1980, when it was relocated to Highway 98 in West Hattiesburg.
28 Cubic Feet (total)
Language of Materials
Katherine Pittman, Frankie Cameron Hall and Roger Flowers
- Methodist Hospital/Wesley Medical Center Collection
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Historical Manuscripts and Photographs Repository
118 College Drive - 5148
Hattiesburg MS 39406-0001