Philip Nolan Marriage Certificate
Form of Material
Copy of the marriage certificate of Philip Nolan and Fanny Lintot, who were married in Adams County, Mississippi Territory, on December 19, 1799 by Justice of the Peace William Dunbar. Nolan, a Kentuckian associated with General James Wilkinson, was killed by Spanish troops on March 26, 1801. His life served as the inspiration for Edward Everett Hale's short novel The Man Without a Country.
Conditions Governing Access
Noncirculating; available for research.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected from unauthorized copying by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code).
1 Item : 302A.B1.A3
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donated by Mr. Lawrence Stone
- Adams County (Miss.). Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Marriage records. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Records (Documents). Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Philip Nolan Marriage Certificate
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Historical Manuscripts and Photographs Repository
118 College Drive - 5148
Hattiesburg MS 39406-0001