Hattiesburg Salvation Army Centennial Collection
Scope and Contents
This collection consists of two copies of the Hattiesburg American celebrating 100 years of the Salvation Army service, a speech containing comments from Major Mark Satterlee dated July 7, 2007, an annual report titled “Doing the Most Good” (2006), a commemorative program, and a 100th year, Annual Civil Appreciation Meeting fan. The Hattiesburg American contains a timeline of the organization’s leadership from 1907 until 2006, and it also includes articles discussing how the organization has been serving the community since its establishment.
- July 9, 2007
- Salvation Army (Hattiesburg, Miss.) (1907-) (Organization)
- Satterlee, Mark R., Corps Officer, Major (Person)
- The Hattiesburg American (Miss.) (1897-) (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Noncirculating; available for research.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected from unauthorized copying by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code).
Biographical / Historical
The Salvation Army in Hattiesburg, Mississippi was established in 1907 by Captain J. McFee and has served the community ever since. The Salvation Army performed several public services over the course of its tenure, and this includes feeding the homeless, providing uniforms for schoolchildren, provided aid to Camp Shelby soldiers, and lead disaster relief efforts.
8 Items : MC2/D19
Language of Materials
Materials celebrating the Salvation Army’s 100th year of service in Hattiesburg, Mississippi.
The contents of the collection are arranged in the order in which it was received.
Commemorative items donated by Dr. Aubrey K. Lucas on July 10, 2007, annual report donated by Major Mark R. Satterlee via Dr. Aubrey K. Lucas on July 12, 2007 and the special edition Hattiesburg American donated by Diane Ross on May 10, 2011.
• Case File
• Contents from the collection
- Annual reports. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Memorabilia. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Newspapers -- Sections, columns, etc. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Programs (Publications). Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Salvation Army (Hattiesburg, Miss.) (1907-)
- Salvation Army. TSA (1865-)
- Speech. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Hattiesburg Salvation Army Centennial Collection
- Collection processed and finding aid written by Amanda Abulawi
- July 6, 2020
- Language of description
- Script of description
Part of the Historical Manuscripts and Photographs Repository
118 College Drive - 5148
Hattiesburg MS 39406-0001