Ti’ak Lodge 404 Collection
Form of material
Materials from Ti'ak Lodge 404, Pine Burr Area Council (304) in Hattiesburg, Mississippi.
- circa 1984-1989; undated
Conditions Governing Access
Noncirculating; available for research.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected from unauthorized copying by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code).
Biographical / Historical
The Order of the Arrow (OA) has recognized Scouts and Scouters who best exemplify the Scout Oath and Law in their daily lives. Arrowmen are known for maintaining camping traditions and spirit, promoting year-round and long term resident camping, and providing cheerful service to others. OA service, activities, adventures, and training for youth and adults are models of quality leadership development and programming that enrich and help to extend Scouting to America's youth.
The Ti'ak lodge provides service to our local camp, Camp Tiak, by helping out with camp improvement projects, conservation projects, Summer Camp Staff, providing help with Cub Scout Family Camping Weekends, and service to our local communities.
Our lodge totem is the Pine Burr or pine cone. It represents long leaf pine trees of the southern Mississippi Pine Belt where we reside. Our Lodge name also is a source of area pride as our name Ti'ak (pronounced tee-ock) means "Tall Pine" in the Choctaw language.
7 Items : 302A.B15.Z2
Language of Materials
Material received from estate sale conducted by K & D Sales – Estate, Moving & Clean-Out Sales.
Given By: Kaylene Behm via Jennifer Brannock
Date of Receipt: June 22, 2016
- Clubs. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Fliers (Ephemera). Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Fraternal organizations. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Hattiesburg (Miss.) -- Social Life and customs. Subject Source: Local sources
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Memorabilia. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Newsletters. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Ti’ak Lodge 404 Collection
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Historical Manuscripts and Photographs Repository
118 College Drive - 5148
Hattiesburg MS 39406-0001