Camp McCain Collection
Scope and Contents
The collection contains correspondence and photographs.
Conditions Governing Access
Noncirculating; available for research.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected from unauthorized copying by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code).
.25 Cubic Feet
Language of Materials
The collection contains correspondence and photographs from Camp McCain.
The materials in the collection were organized by subject, grouping items by organization when possible (correspondence, photographs).
Donated by William L. Sasman. Purchased from Thomas P. Szack. Transferred from M448 Southern Tourism Collection.
Contents of the collection and the collection case file.
M571-0002 Company area from officers’ quarters. Slide color 1943
M571-0003 10 Minute Break. Slide color 1943
M571-0004 H.Q. Co. – 502nd M.P. BN Training Area. Slide color 1943
M571-0005 Sawdust pit for judo training. Slide color 1943
M571-0006 Come and get it. Slide color 1943
M571-0007 Back after a hike. Slide color 1943
M571-0008 First part of all day hike. Slide color 1943
M571-0009 Music and bull session. Slide color 1943
M571-0010 Rest. Slide color 1943
M571-0011 Telephone Switchboard on Bivouac. Slide color 1943
M571-0012 Detail. Slide color 1943
M571-0013 Retreat – “Attention”. Slide color 1943
M571-0014 News from home. Slide color 1943
M571-0015 Mail call. Slide color 1943
M571-0016 Lt. Dennis cooking his own chow. Slide color 1943
M571-0017 Sgts Foley and Davis. Slide color 1943
M571-0018 Gas mask drill. Slide color 1943
M571-0019 Chow. Slide color 1943
M571-0020 Retreat – “Attention”. Slide color 1943
M571-0021 Vehicle Decontamination Instruction. Slide color 1943
M571-0022 Area guard at retreat. Slide color 1943
M571-0023 Eugene Killips. 3 x 5 B & W 1943
M571-0024 P.O.W. Camp. 3 x 4 B & W 1943
M571-0025 Cpl. Walters and friend. 2 x 4 B & W 1943
M571-0026 William L. Sasman. 3 x 5 B & W 1943
- Camp McCain (Miss.). Subject Source: Local sources
- Letter. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Mississippi. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Photographs. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Slides (Photography). Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Slides. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- World War, 1939-1945. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Camp McCain Collection
- Collection processed and finding aid written by Brandon Ball
- 8 October 2019
- Language of description
- Script of description
Part of the Historical Manuscripts and Photographs Repository
118 College Drive - 5148
Hattiesburg MS 39406-0001