Danny Arnold / Don't Look Back Motion Picture Script
Scope and Contents
Movie script for Don't Look Back: The Story of Leroy 'Satchel' Paige, a film that was shot in Hattiesburg, Mississippi during the summer of 1980. The movie became a 1981 American made-for-television biographical film directed by Richard A. Colla and based on Paige's autobiography. It stared Louis Gossett Jr. and Beverly Todd.
- Arnold, Danny, 1925-1995 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Noncirculating; available for research.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected from unauthorized copying by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code).
Biographical / Historical
Danny Arnold was born on January 23, 1925 in New York City, New York as Arnold Danny Rothman. He was a writer and producer, known for Barney Miller (1975), That Girl (1966) and My World and Welcome to It (1969).
Arnold began in showbiz as a stand-up comedian in vaudeville. Did wartime service with the Marine Corps in the South Pacific. From the 1950's, worked variously as actor, editor, writer and producer.
Arnold won two Emmy Awards, one for My World and Welcome to It and one for the series for which he is most famous, Barney Miller. This latter show also won Arnold a Peabody Award. He was honored with the Paddy Chayefsky Award in 1985 by the Writer's Guild of America to celebrate his lifetime of achievement.
Language of Materials
- Drama. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Paige, Satchel (Leroy Robert), 1906-1982
- Screenplays. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Sports. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Danny Arnold / Don't Look Back Motion Picture Script
- Language of description
- Script of description
Part of the Historical Manuscripts and Photographs Repository
118 College Drive - 5148
Hattiesburg MS 39406-0001