Civil War Centennial Collection
Scope and Contents
This Collection contains an assortment of pamphlets, brochures, newspaper clippings, and special edition Centennial newspapers. There is also a booklet that gives an overview of the Civil War and a summary of some of the more famous battles. One item of interest is a battle flag pin included in the Collection. The collection should be of interest to all Civil War buffs.
Conditions Governing Access
Noncirculating; available for research.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected from unauthorized copying by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code).
Biographical / Historical
From 1961-1965, several groups joined together to commemorate the Centennial of the Civil War. The Daughters of the Confederacy and the Mississippi Commission on the War Between the States were two of these groups. Historical tours, monument dedications, balls and reenactments highlighted the five-year commemoration of the war's 100 th Anniversary.
.50 Cubic Feet : MC2/D16
Language of Materials
This collection contains a variety of materials relating to the 100th Anniversary of the American Civil War.
Transferred to the University of Southern Mississippi Archives from the Mississippiana Vertical File of the William D. McCain Library in 1988.
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). Subject Source: TGM II, Genre and physical characteristic terms
- Newspapers. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Programs (Publications). Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United Daughters of the Confederacy. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Civil War Centennial Collection
- Processed by Jessica Clark.
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Historical Manuscripts and Photographs Repository
118 College Drive - 5148
Hattiesburg MS 39406-0001