Reagan L. Grimsley Research Collection
Scope and Contents
The collection contains materials related to south Mississippi, "Hattiesburg in Vintage Postcards", Sumrall First Baptist Church History, and forestry in the southern United States. The collection contains one photograph.
- Grimsley, Reagan L. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Noncirculating; available for research.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected from unauthorized copying by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code).
Biographical / Historical
Reagan Grimsley is an archivist who has employment experience as an Archivist at Columbus State University, Special Collections Librarian at Pikeville University, and Assistant Professor and Archival Program Officer at Auburn University. He graduated from Sumrall High School in 1988. Grimsley attended the University of Southern Mississippi where he received a Bachelor of Arts degree in history as well as a Master of Arts and Master of Library and Information Science degree. His book "Hattiesburg in Vintage Postcards" was published in 2004. This book contains images of many historic sights and scenes of both Hattiesburg and south Mississippi. Grimsley also wrote "A One Hundred Year History of Baptist Church, Sumrall MS". Grimsley’s research also includes forestry history in both Mississippi and the southern United States.
.75 Cubic Feet
Language of Materials
Reagan Grimsley has written numerous archival and historical articles. He is also the author of "Enriching Lives: A Pictorial History of Columbus State University" and "Hattiesburg in Vintage Postcards".
The materials in the collection were organized by subject, grouping items by organization when possible ("Hattiesburg in Vintage Postcards", Sumrall First Baptist Church, etc.).
Donated by Reagan L. Grimsley in 2005.
Existence and Location of Copies
For Digitized Materials from this collection, see: External Documents link at bottom of page.
- Baptists. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Biographies. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). Subject Source: TGM II, Genre and physical characteristic terms
- Gulf and Ship Island Railroad
- Hardy, William H. (William Harris), 1837-1917
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Manuscript. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Mississippi Central Railroad Company (1897-1967)
- Postcards. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Railroads -- Mississippi. Subject Source: Local sources
- University of Southern Mississippi -- Students. Subject Source: Local sources
- Reagan L. Grimsley Research Collection
- Collection processed and finding aid written by Brandon Ball, January 2014.
- Language of description
- Script of description
Part of the Historical Manuscripts and Photographs Repository
118 College Drive - 5148
Hattiesburg MS 39406-0001