Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
This collection is comprised mainly of materials that document Erle Johnston's personal life and professional activities from approximately 1922 through his death in 1995. The Erle Johnston Papers should be beneficial to any researcher interested in the Civil Rights Movement in Mississippi, as well as the political history of Mississippi in the twentieth century. The collection also provides insight into the life and personality of an important Mississippian.
Post cards, correspondence, printed items, photos, and other memorabilia collected by this long time Hattiesburg resident.
Correspondence, reports, files, magazines documenting his career with the Mississippi Highway Patrol and as an attorney.
Correspondence, photographs, memorabilia, genealogical materials.
Large collection of books, printed material, and memorabilia related to Mississippi and other subjects.
- Brochures. 4
- Financial documents. 4
- Periodicals. 4
- Records (Documents). 4
- Albums (Books). 3
- Awards. 3
- Legal forms. 3
- Political campaigns. 3
- Postcards. 3
- Programs (Publications). 3
- Résumés (Employment). 3
- University of Southern Mississippi -- Faculty. 3
- University of Southern Mississippi. 3
- Annual reports. 2 ∧ less
- Association of American Railroads. AAR (1934-) 1
- Barnett, Ross R., 53rd Governor of Mississippi (Ross Robert), 1898-1987 1
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 1
- De La Beckwith, Byron, Jr., 1920-2001 1
- Fernwood, Columbia, and Gulf (Railroad). FC&G (1920-1972) 1
- Gulf, Mobile and Ohio Railroad Company. GM & O (1938-1972) 1
- Johnston, Erle E., 1917-1995 1
- Kennard, Clyde, 1927-1963 1
- Kentucky and Tennessee Railway. K&T (1902-1904) 1
- King, Martin Luther, Jr., 1929-1968 1
- Kyker, Fannie LaVelle “Goodie”, 1926-2009 1
- Marx, Charles Alvin, Dr., 1932- 1
- Riley, James A. 1
- Southern Railroad Company (1894–1990) 1
- Stennis, John C., Senator (John Cornelius), 1901-1995 1
- Till, Emmett, 1941-1955 1
- Wallace, George C., Governor of Alabama (George Corley), 1919-1998 1 ∧ less