Showing Collections: 1 - 13 of 13
William M. Colmer Papers
Kathleen Dahl Freedom Summer Collection
Correspondence, scrapbooks, photo albums, printed materials, political campaign and organizations' buttons, poster, and video tapes of this Freedom Summer volunteer in Holly Springs, Mississippi.
Charles Davis Papers
Materials documenting activities of African-American political activist in Hattiesburg,
Courtney L. Frobenius Vietnam Research Collection
The collection contains materials pertaining to the Vietnam War. These materials include medals, photographs, photocopies of books, reports, correspondence, and oversized maps.
Legacy of Dr. Joseph A. Greene, founding Dean of the College of Business and Economic Development
J. Brackin Kirkland Papers
Correspondence, speeches, reports, publications, clippings, photographs, genealogical materials relating to Mississippi-born educator in New York and Alabama and with the Boys Clubs of America.
Charles A. Marx Papers
Correspondence, reports, files, magazines documenting his career with the Mississippi Highway Patrol and as an attorney.
Oseola McCarty Collection
In 1995 Miss Oseola McCarty, an African American laundress, donated the bulk of her life’s savings, $150,000, to The University of Southern Mississippi to provide scholarships for deserving students. This collection documents her generous act and the multitude of honors and awards presented to her in the ensuing years.
Nydegger Family Papers
Correspondence, photographs, memorabilia, genealogical materials.
Powell G. Ogletree Papers
This collection contains materials related to Powell Ogletree.
Jonathan Puckett Research Collection
Genealogy research materials.
James A. Riley Collection of Mississippi Documents, Newspapers, and Letters
Large collection of books, printed material, and memorabilia related to Mississippi and other subjects.
Tatum Family Business Records
The Tatum family were prominent owners of businesses and land in and around the Hattiesburg, Mississippi area beginning in 1893 with the establishment of their first lumber mill. The collection contains financial records, personal papers, photographs, blueprints, newspaper articles, maps and artifacts of the Tatum family’s business dealings as well as local Hattiesburg history, including W. S. F. Tatum’s mayoral term from 1922 to 1924 and again from 1928 to 1936.
- Certificates. 12
- Photographs. 12
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 11
- Brochures. 9
- Financial documents. 9
- Periodicals. 7
- Programs (Publications). 7
- Awards. 6
- Speech. 6
- Books. 5
- Fliers (Ephemera). 5
- University of Southern Mississippi. 5
- Biographies. 4
- Calendar. 4
- Civil rights. 4
- Essay. 4
- Greeting cards. 4 + ∧ less
- Association of American Railroads. AAR (1934-) 1
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 1
- Bonhomie & Hattiesburg Southern Railroad Company. B & HS (1923-1953) 1
- Colmer, William Meyers, Congressman, 1890-1980 1
- Dahl, Kathleen Aileen 1
- Dahmer, Vernon Ferdinand, 1908-1966 1
- Davis, Charles L., 1943-2016 1
- Fernwood, Columbia, and Gulf (Railroad). FC&G (1920-1972) 1
- Gulf, Mobile and Ohio Railroad Company. GM & O (1938-1972) 1
- Hattiesburg High School. 1
- Kentucky and Tennessee Railway. K&T (1902-1904) 1
- Marx, Charles Alvin, Dr., 1932- 1
- McCarty, Oseola, 1908-1999 1
- Ogletree, Powell G. 1
- Puckett, Jonathan Gabriel Marvin 1
- Riley, James A. 1
- Rotary Club of Hattiesburg (Hattiesburg, Miss.) (1918-) 1
- Rotary District 6840 1
- Southern Railroad Company (1894–1990) 1
- Tatum Family 1 + ∧ less