Showing Collections: 1 - 16 of 16
Materials relating to her life-time of civil rights and human rights activities.
This collection contains correspondence, photographs, and other memorabilia relating to the life and career of Dr. John Calvin Berry, the first African American faculty member at the University of Southern Mississippi.
Materials documenting activities of African-American political activist in Hattiesburg,
Correspondence, speeches, reports, publications, clippings, photographs, genealogical materials relating to Mississippi-born educator in New York and Alabama and with the Boys Clubs of America.
Post cards, correspondence, printed items, photos, and other memorabilia collected by this long time Hattiesburg resident.
In 1995 Miss Oseola McCarty, an African American laundress, donated the bulk of her life’s savings, $150,000, to The University of Southern Mississippi to provide scholarships for deserving students. This collection documents her generous act and the multitude of honors and awards presented to her in the ensuing years.
Various materials from Walter P. Nilsson’s service time and the operations of the U.S.S. Biloxi in 1943-1944.
This collection contains materials related to Powell Ogletree.
The majority of the collection centers around Jeremiah Joseph "Jerry" O'Keefe and his political career.
Other materials include: photo album & scrapbook of Mary Cahill O'Keefe; photo album of Teresa Slattery O'Keefe; Jerry O'Keefe Legislative scrapbook; Jerry O'Keefe Political Career scrapbooks (2); Collected newspapers re Biloxi Mayor Hart Chinn and John A. O'Keefe, his successor; various plaques, awards, and proclamations.
Memorabilia from Hattiesburg, the Demonstration School, Mississippi Normal College, State Teachers College, and The University of Mississippi.
Large collection of books, printed material, and memorabilia related to Mississippi and other subjects.
Pamphlets and programs from various Hattiesburg area activities, certificates and correspondence from the Office of Price Administration, and war bonds and ration books.
- Photographs. 15
- Letter. 14
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 13
- Memorabilia. 10
- Records (Documents). 10
- Speech. 9
- Awards. 8
- Brochures. 8
- Diplomas. 8
- Financial documents. 8
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 8
- Periodicals. 8
- University of Southern Mississippi. 7
- Fliers (Ephemera). 6
- Political campaigns. 6
- Albums (Books). 5
- Essay. 5
- Greeting cards. 5 ∧ less
- Adams, Victoria Gray, 1926-2006 1
- Association of American Railroads. AAR (1934-) 1
- Berry, John Calvin, Dr., 1925-2013 1
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 1
- Burney, Madge, 1886-1953 1
- Children of the Confederacy. 1
- Colmer, William Meyers, Congressman, 1890-1980 1
- Dahmer, Vernon Ferdinand, 1908-1966 1
- Daughters of the American Revolution. 1
- Davis, Charles L., 1943-2016 1
- Davis, Jefferson, President of the Confederate States of America, 1808-1889 1
- Demonstration School (Hattiesburg, Miss.) (1926-1963) 1
- Fernwood, Columbia, and Gulf (Railroad). FC&G (1920-1972) 1
- Gulf, Mobile and Ohio Railroad Company. GM & O (1938-1972) 1
- Hattiesburg High School. 1
- Kentucky and Tennessee Railway. K&T (1902-1904) 1
- Kyker, Fannie LaVelle “Goodie”, 1926-2009 1
- McCarty, Oseola, 1908-1999 1
- McDowell, Katherine Sherwood Bonner, 1849-1883 1
- O'Keefe 1 ∧ less