Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
Victoria Gray Adams Papers
Materials relating to her life-time of civil rights and human rights activities.
Dates: circa 1938-2000
Cherry Burns Collection
Materials from Cherry Burns’ world travels.
Dates: 1926- circa 2005
William M. Colmer Papers
Scope and Contents The vast majority of the William M. Colmer Papers encompass his forty-year career as a United States Congressman from Mississippi (1933-1972). However, it also contains a significant amount of material regarding his activities prior to his election to Congress, and a limited amount of materials generated after his retirement in 1972. The original arrangement of the materials has been preserved as closely as possible. Inclusive dates are approximately 1906–1980. The collection divided...
Dr. Altra Howse Hamman Papers
Files from Dr. Hamman’s involvement with the Mississippi Council on Family Relations as well as being a faculty member in the Home Economics Department at USM.
Dates: circa 1950s-1990s
Hattiesburg Historical Collection
Form of Material
Photographs, artifacts, and memorabilia from Hattiesburg area businesses and others.
Dates: 1926-1956, 1976, 2006-2014 and undated
Fannie Kyker Collection
Post cards, correspondence, printed items, photos, and other memorabilia collected by this long time Hattiesburg resident.
Dates: circa 1910-2010
James A. Riley Collection of Mississippi Documents, Newspapers, and Letters
Scope and Contents
Large collection of books, printed material, and memorabilia related to Mississippi and other subjects.
Dates: 1646-to date
Southern Tourism Collection
Scope and Contents The Southern Tourism Collection includes advertisements for tourist destinations throughout the United States, with the vast majority located in the American South. This collection is organized geographically, and each geographic level (i.e. country, state, Mississippi region, county, and city) is organized alphabetically.These materials cover approximately ten different states, with most state-level material concentrated in Mississippi. Additionally, it encompasses eleven...
Dates: 1843-2009; Majority of material found within 1960s; 1990s
Zoya Zeman Freedom Summer Collection
Materials documenting Zeman's activities as a Freedom Summer 1964 volunteer in Clarksdale, Mississippi.
Dates: circa 1962-2002
- Brochures. 8
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 8
- Photographs. 8
- Programs (Publications). 8
- Letter. 7
- Albums (Books). 6
- Memorabilia. 6
- Records (Documents). 6
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 5
- Periodicals. 5
- Certificates. 4
- Financial documents. 4
- Map. 4
- Poetry. 4
- Political campaigns. 4
- Posters. 4
- Calendar. 3
- Diaries. 3 + ∧ less
- Adams, Victoria Gray, 1926-2006 1
- Association of American Railroads. AAR (1934-) 1
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 1
- Burns , Cherry Lou Fellner , 1926- 1
- Colmer, William Meyers, Congressman, 1890-1980 1
- Fernwood, Columbia, and Gulf (Railroad). FC&G (1920-1972) 1
- Glass, Jinny (Virginia Katharine Glass), 1943-1965 1
- Gulf, Mobile and Ohio Railroad Company. GM & O (1938-1972) 1
- Kentucky and Tennessee Railway. K&T (1902-1904) 1
- Kyker, Fannie LaVelle “Goodie”, 1926-2009 1
- Riley, James A. 1
- Southern Railroad Company (1894–1990) 1
- Wallace, George C., Governor of Alabama (George Corley), 1919-1998 1 + ∧ less