Showing Collections: 1 - 18 of 18
Files related to Col. Ashley’s time as Director of Cook Library at the University of Southern Mississippi.
This collection contains correspondence, photographs, and other memorabilia relating to the life and career of Dr. John Calvin Berry, the first African American faculty member at the University of Southern Mississippi.
Family photographs and materials documenting the Civil Rights Movement in Mississippi.
The Edythe Evely Gandy Collection contains Gandy family materials, historical manuscript materials, photographs, films, and memorabilia.
The Edythe Evelyn Gandy Personal Collection contains Gandy family materials, historical manuscript materials, photographs, and correspondence.
Vicky Garraway was a lifetime resident of Hattiesburg, a graduate of Hattiesburg High School and University of Southern Mississippi. She taught in the Hattiesburg Public School System and was a former flight attendant for Eastern Airlines. She served in the Hattiesburg Medical Auxiliary, a lifetime member of the Junior Auxiliary and volunteer at the Abby Rogers Civitan Camp. She was a member of Trinity Episcopal Church.
This collection contains materials related to Arthur Lavonne Gilmore, Sr. and Arthur Lavonne Gilmore, Jr.
This collection contains historical materials and various publications.
Post cards, correspondence, printed items, photos, and other memorabilia collected by this long time Hattiesburg resident.
This collection contains records, notes, photographs, and publications.
In 1995 Miss Oseola McCarty, an African American laundress, donated the bulk of her life’s savings, $150,000, to The University of Southern Mississippi to provide scholarships for deserving students. This collection documents her generous act and the multitude of honors and awards presented to her in the ensuing years.
The Selby Parker collection consists of one essay, a typescript, and miscellaneous articles written by and pertaining to the Mississippi author and former Youth Court Counselor of Hattiesburg, Mississippi. This collection is of particular interest to researchers studying the 1960s Civil Rights Movement, Mississippi authors and journalists, the University of Southern Mississippi, and local Hattiesburg history.
This collection contains historical materials, children’s books, and various magazines.
Memorabilia from Hattiesburg, the Demonstration School, Mississippi Normal College, State Teachers College, and The University of Mississippi.
Large collection of books, printed material, and memorabilia related to Mississippi and other subjects.
Materials relating to the life of Representative Gene D. Saucier.
The Tatum family were prominent owners of businesses and land in and around the Hattiesburg, Mississippi area beginning in 1893 with the establishment of their first lumber mill. The collection contains financial records, personal papers, photographs, blueprints, newspaper articles, maps and artifacts of the Tatum family’s business dealings as well as local Hattiesburg history, including W. S. F. Tatum’s mayoral term from 1922 to 1924 and again from 1928 to 1936.
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 16
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 16
- Letter. 15
- Records (Documents). 12
- Memorabilia. 10
- University of Southern Mississippi -- Students. 10
- University of Southern Mississippi. 10
- Periodicals. 9
- Programs (Publications). 9
- Brochures. 8
- Albums (Books). 7
- Financial documents. 7
- Certificates. 6
- Diplomas. 6
- Greeting cards. 6
- Awards. 5
- Essay. 5
- Newsletters. 5
- Postcards. 5 ∧ less
- Cook, R.C., Dr., 4th President of Mississippi Southern College (now the University of Southern Mississippi) (Robert Cecil), 1903-1979 2
- Demonstration School (Hattiesburg, Miss.) (1926-1963) 2
- Gandy, Evelyn, 26th Lieutenant Governor of Mississippi (Edythe Evelyn), 1920-2007 2
- Hattiesburg High School. 2
- McCain, William D., Dr., 5th President of Mississippi Southern College (now the University of Southern Mississippi) (William David), 1907-1993 2
- Ashley, Grover, Col. 1
- Association of American Railroads. AAR (1934-) 1
- Barnett, Ross R., 53rd Governor of Mississippi (Ross Robert), 1898-1987 1
- Berry, John Calvin, Dr., 1925-2013 1
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 1
- Bonhomie & Hattiesburg Southern Railroad Company. B & HS (1923-1953) 1
- Branch, Raylawni G., 1941- 1
- Fernwood, Columbia, and Gulf (Railroad). FC&G (1920-1972) 1
- Foote, Henry S. (Henry Stuart), Governor, 1804-1880 1
- Garraway, Susan Victoria “Vicky”, 1954-2014 1
- George, J. B., Dr., 3rd President of Mississippi Southern College (now the University of Southern Mississippi) (Jennings Burton), 1893-1971 1
- Gilmore, Arthur Lavonne, Jr., 1922-2015 1
- Gilmore, Arthur Lavonne, Sr., 1897-1974 1
- Gonzales,, John Edmond, Dr., 1924-2004 1
- Gulf, Mobile and Ohio Railroad Company. GM & O (1938-1972) 1 ∧ less