Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Materials relating to her life-time of civil rights and human rights activities.
Dates: circa 1938-2000
Scope and Contents The vast majority of the William M. Colmer Papers encompass his forty-year career as a United States Congressman from Mississippi (1933-1972). However, it also contains a significant amount of material regarding his activities prior to his election to Congress, and a limited amount of materials generated after his retirement in 1972. The original arrangement of the materials has been preserved as closely as possible. Inclusive dates are approximately 1906–1980. The collection divided...
This collection contains materials related to Arthur Lavonne Gilmore, Sr. and Arthur Lavonne Gilmore, Jr.
- Awards. 3
- Books. 3
- Fliers (Ephemera). 3
- Invitation cards. 3
- Memorabilia. 3
- Postcards. 3
- Programs (Publications). 3
- African Americans -- Civil rights. 2
- Certificates. 2
- Civil rights. 2
- Diplomas. 2
- Directory. 2
- Government publications. 2 + ∧ less
- Adams, Victoria Gray, 1926-2006 1
- Colmer, William Meyers, Congressman, 1890-1980 1
- Demonstration School (Hattiesburg, Miss.) (1926-1963) 1
- Gilmore, Arthur Lavonne, Jr., 1922-2015 1
- Gilmore, Arthur Lavonne, Sr., 1897-1974 1