Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Post cards, correspondence, printed items, photos, and other memorabilia collected by this long time Hattiesburg resident.
In 1995 Miss Oseola McCarty, an African American laundress, donated the bulk of her life’s savings, $150,000, to The University of Southern Mississippi to provide scholarships for deserving students. This collection documents her generous act and the multitude of honors and awards presented to her in the ensuing years.
Correspondence, photographs, memorabilia, genealogical materials.
Large collection of books, printed material, and memorabilia related to Mississippi and other subjects.
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 4
- Financial documents. 4
- Greeting cards. 4
- Programs (Publications). 4
- Records (Documents). 4
- University of Southern Mississippi. 4
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 3
- Periodicals. 3
- Albums (Books). 2
- Awards. 2
- Diplomas. 2
- Essay. 2
- Fliers (Ephemera). 2
- Legal forms. 2
- Menus. 2 ∧ less
- Association of American Railroads. AAR (1934-) 1
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 1
- Fernwood, Columbia, and Gulf (Railroad). FC&G (1920-1972) 1
- Gulf, Mobile and Ohio Railroad Company. GM & O (1938-1972) 1
- Kentucky and Tennessee Railway. K&T (1902-1904) 1