Showing Collections: 1 - 18 of 18
Materials relating to her life-time of civil rights and human rights activities.
Files related to Col. Ashley’s time as Director of Cook Library at the University of Southern Mississippi.
Materials documenting activities of African-American political activist in Hattiesburg,
The Edythe Evelyn Gandy Personal Collection contains Gandy family materials, historical manuscript materials, photographs, and correspondence.
This collection contains materials related to Arthur Lavonne Gilmore, Sr. and Arthur Lavonne Gilmore, Jr.
This collection contains historical materials and various publications.
Photographs, artifacts, and memorabilia from Hattiesburg area businesses and others.
Photographs reproduced in Dr. Kenneth G. McCarty's book Hattiesburg: A Pictorial History.
The collection contains various paper materials such as correspondence, copied newspapers, brochures, flyers, and photographs. Non-paper material items includes such things as a plaque, a ribbon, a windbreaker, and a plastic Coke mug.
Miscellaneous personal papers of a Hattiesburg resident. Mrs. Edna L. Hollensed was the great granddaughter of John Wesley Hollensed (M34). She lived at 1414 North Main Street and died in the mid-1990s.
Post cards, correspondence, printed items, photos, and other memorabilia collected by this long time Hattiesburg resident.
In 1995 Miss Oseola McCarty, an African American laundress, donated the bulk of her life’s savings, $150,000, to The University of Southern Mississippi to provide scholarships for deserving students. This collection documents her generous act and the multitude of honors and awards presented to her in the ensuing years.
This collection contains historical materials, children’s books, and various magazines.
Large collection of books, printed material, and memorabilia related to Mississippi and other subjects.
Materials documenting the work of 1960s Forrest County N.A.A.C.P. leaders J.C. Fairley and Daisy Harris.
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 17
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 16
- Records (Documents). 16
- Letter. 14
- Memorabilia. 10
- Programs (Publications). 10
- Financial documents. 9
- Newsletters. 9
- Periodicals. 9
- Albums (Books). 8
- Fliers (Ephemera). 8
- Postcards. 8
- Books. 7
- Calendar. 7
- University of Southern Mississippi. 6
- Certificates. 5
- Essay. 5
- Greeting cards. 5 ∧ less
- The Hattiesburg American (Miss.) (1897-) 3
- Hattiesburg High School. 2
- Adams, Victoria Gray, 1926-2006 1
- Ashley, Grover, Col. 1
- Association of American Railroads. AAR (1934-) 1
- Barnett, Ross R., 53rd Governor of Mississippi (Ross Robert), 1898-1987 1
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 1
- Cook, R.C., Dr., 4th President of Mississippi Southern College (now the University of Southern Mississippi) (Robert Cecil), 1903-1979 1
- Dahmer, Vernon Ferdinand, 1908-1966 1
- Davis, Charles L., 1943-2016 1
- Demonstration School (Hattiesburg, Miss.) (1926-1963) 1
- Evers, Medgar Wiley, 1925-1963 1
- Fernwood, Columbia, and Gulf (Railroad). FC&G (1920-1972) 1
- Foote, Henry S. (Henry Stuart), Governor, 1804-1880 1
- Gandy, Evelyn, 26th Lieutenant Governor of Mississippi (Edythe Evelyn), 1920-2007 1
- Gilmore, Arthur Lavonne, Jr., 1922-2015 1
- Gilmore, Arthur Lavonne, Sr., 1897-1974 1
- Gonzales,, John Edmond, Dr., 1924-2004 1
- Gulf, Mobile and Ohio Railroad Company. GM & O (1938-1972) 1
- Johnson, Johnson, Paul B., Jr., Governor (Paul Burney), 1916-1985 1 ∧ less