Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 10
Materials documenting activities of African-American political activist in Hattiesburg,
The Edythe Evelyn Gandy Personal Collection contains Gandy family materials, historical manuscript materials, photographs, and correspondence.
This collection contains materials related to Arthur Lavonne Gilmore, Sr. and Arthur Lavonne Gilmore, Jr.
This collection contains historical materials and various publications.
The collection contains various paper materials such as correspondence, copied newspapers, brochures, flyers, and photographs. Non-paper material items includes such things as a plaque, a ribbon, a windbreaker, and a plastic Coke mug.
Miscellaneous personal papers of a Hattiesburg resident. Mrs. Edna L. Hollensed was the great granddaughter of John Wesley Hollensed (M34). She lived at 1414 North Main Street and died in the mid-1990s.
In 1995 Miss Oseola McCarty, an African American laundress, donated the bulk of her life’s savings, $150,000, to The University of Southern Mississippi to provide scholarships for deserving students. This collection documents her generous act and the multitude of honors and awards presented to her in the ensuing years.
A collection of correspondence, estate documents, certificates, newsletters, genealogical materials and other items pertaining to the families of Abner Polk and his wife, Ida Chambers Polk. Abner Polk was born in Lawrence County, Mississippi in 1860, and Ida Chambers was born in Washington County, Alabama in 1867. Abner and Ida were married on February 13, 1890, and lived in Marion County, Mississippi until approximately 1898, when they moved to Hattiesburg.
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 9
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 9
- Letter. 9
- Photographs. 9
- Financial documents. 7
- Memorabilia. 6
- Programs (Publications). 6
- Books. 5
- Calendar. 4
- Clubs. 4
- Periodicals. 4
- Awards. 3
- Certificates. 3
- Essay. 3
- Fliers (Ephemera). 3
- Minutes (Records). 3
- Postcards. 3 ∧ less
- Hattiesburg High School. 2
- Barnett, Ross R., 53rd Governor of Mississippi (Ross Robert), 1898-1987 1
- Cook, R.C., Dr., 4th President of Mississippi Southern College (now the University of Southern Mississippi) (Robert Cecil), 1903-1979 1
- Dahmer, Vernon Ferdinand, 1908-1966 1
- Davis, Charles L., 1943-2016 1
- Demonstration School (Hattiesburg, Miss.) (1926-1963) 1
- Evers, Medgar Wiley, 1925-1963 1
- Foote, Henry S. (Henry Stuart), Governor, 1804-1880 1
- Gandy, Evelyn, 26th Lieutenant Governor of Mississippi (Edythe Evelyn), 1920-2007 1
- Gilmore, Arthur Lavonne, Jr., 1922-2015 1
- Gilmore, Arthur Lavonne, Sr., 1897-1974 1
- Gonzales,, John Edmond, Dr., 1924-2004 1
- Johnson, Johnson, Paul B., Jr., Governor (Paul Burney), 1916-1985 1
- Kennard, Clyde, 1927-1963 1
- King, Martin Luther, Jr., 1929-1968 1
- Lucas, Aubrey K., Dr., 6th President and current President Emeritus of the University of Southern Mississippi (Aubrey Keith) 1
- McCain, William D., Dr., 5th President of Mississippi Southern College (now the University of Southern Mississippi) (William David), 1907-1993 1
- McCarty, Oseola, 1908-1999 1
- McLemore, Richard Aubrey, Dr., 1903-1976 1
- Mississippi. Department of Archives and History. MDAH 1 ∧ less