Showing Collections: 1 - 11 of 11
Scope and Contents This collection consists of information on Women Airforce Service Pilots (WASPs) of World War II.
Dates: circa 1941-1996
Abstract Materials documenting activities of African-American political activist in Hattiesburg,
Abstract The Gregory E. Favre Collection contains family materials, speeches, photographs, articles, and memorabilia.
Abstract The Edythe Evelyn Gandy Personal Collection contains Gandy family materials, historical manuscript materials, photographs, and correspondence.
Dates: circa early 1920s-1995
Abstract This collection contains historical materials and various publications.
Form of Material Photographs, artifacts, and memorabilia from Hattiesburg area businesses and others.
Dates: 1926-1956, 1976, 2006-2014 and undated
Abstract Photographs reproduced in Dr. Kenneth G. McCarty's book Hattiesburg: A Pictorial History.
Dates: circa late 1800s-1986
Abstract In 1995 Miss Oseola McCarty, an African American laundress, donated the bulk of her life’s savings, $150,000, to The University of Southern Mississippi to provide scholarships for deserving students. This collection documents her generous act and the multitude of honors and awards presented to her in the ensuing years.
Dates: circa 1920-1999
Abstract Organizational records of district encompassing the southern third of Mississippi and southeastern Louisiana.
Abstract The Henry and Sue [Lorenzi] Sojourner Civil Rights Movement Collection contains a vast array of materials from during and after the [Lorenzi] Sojourner’s time in Holmes County, Mississippi, during the Freedom Summer of 1964. This collection would be of interest to researchers studying the Civil Rights Movement, Mississippi history, and Freedom Summer.
Dates: 1900s; 1940s–1950s; Majority of material found within 1960s–2010s; Undated
Scope and Contents The Southern Tourism Collection includes advertisements for tourist destinations throughout the United States, with the vast majority located in the American South. This collection is organized geographically, and each geographic level (i.e. country, state, Mississippi region, county, and city) is organized alphabetically.These materials cover approximately ten different states, with most state-level material concentrated in Mississippi. Additionally, it encompasses eleven...
Dates: 1843-2009; Majority of material found within 1960s; 1990s
- Photographs. 10
- Records (Documents). 10
- Letter. 9
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 8
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 7
- Memorabilia. 7
- Newsletters. 7
- Programs (Publications). 7
- Periodicals. 6
- Financial documents. 5
- Fliers (Ephemera). 5
- Books. 4
- Map. 4
- Newspapers. 4
- Postcards. 4
- African Americans. 3
- Albums (Books). 3
- Clubs. 3 ∧ less
- Barnett, Ross R., 53rd Governor of Mississippi (Ross Robert), 1898-1987 1
- Cook, R.C., Dr., 4th President of Mississippi Southern College (now the University of Southern Mississippi) (Robert Cecil), 1903-1979 1
- Dahmer, Vernon Ferdinand, 1908-1966 1
- Davis, Charles L., 1943-2016 1
- Foote, Henry S. (Henry Stuart), Governor, 1804-1880 1
- Gandy, Evelyn, 26th Lieutenant Governor of Mississippi (Edythe Evelyn), 1920-2007 1
- Gonzales,, John Edmond, Dr., 1924-2004 1
- Gregory and Bea Favre 1
- Hattiesburg High School. 1
- Johnson, Johnson, Paul B., Jr., Governor (Paul Burney), 1916-1985 1
- Lorenzi, Henry ([Lorenzi] Sojourner), -1982 1
- Lucas, Aubrey K., Dr., 6th President and current President Emeritus of the University of Southern Mississippi (Aubrey Keith) 1
- McCain, William D., Dr., 5th President of Mississippi Southern College (now the University of Southern Mississippi) (William David), 1907-1993 1
- McCarty, Kenneth Graham, 1935-2019 1
- McCarty, Oseola, 1908-1999 1
- McLemore, Richard Aubrey, Dr., 1903-1976 1
- Mississippi. Department of Archives and History. MDAH 1
- Ogletree, Powell G. 1
- Rotary District 6840 1
- Sojourner, Sue [Lorenzi] (Susan Sadoff Lorenzi Hasalo), 1941-2020 1 ∧ less