Showing Collections: 1 - 12 of 12
Abstract Materials relating to her life-time of civil rights and human rights activities.
Dates: circa 1938-2000
Scope and Contents The vast majority of the William M. Colmer Papers encompass his forty-year career as a United States Congressman from Mississippi (1933-1972). However, it also contains a significant amount of material regarding his activities prior to his election to Congress, and a limited amount of materials generated after his retirement in 1972. The original arrangement of the materials has been preserved as closely as possible. Inclusive dates are approximately 1906–1980. The collection divided into...
Abstract Correspondence, scrapbooks, photo albums, printed materials, political campaign and organizations' buttons, poster, and video tapes of this Freedom Summer volunteer in Holly Springs, Mississippi.
Abstract Materials documenting activities of African-American political activist in Hattiesburg,
Abstract The collection contains materials pertaining to the Vietnam War. These materials include medals, photographs, photocopies of books, reports, correspondence, and oversized maps.
Dates: 1868; circa early 1900s; 1940; 1948; 1956; 1979; 1983 – 1989; 1993 – 2002; Undated; Majority of material found within 1962-1971
Scope and Contents This collection consists of approximately 24 cubic feet of materials that document the life and career of Charles F. Heartman from about 1893 until his death in 1953. His wife, Martha, continued to run the bookselling business after her husband's death, and some materials in the collection relate to that time period. This collection should be of interest to researchers of antiquarian books, rare Americana, or the rare book and manuscript business. In addition it provides insight...
Dates: circa 1893-1990; Majority of material found within circa 1913-1963
Abstract Correspondence, speeches, reports, publications, clippings, photographs, genealogical materials relating to Mississippi-born educator in New York and Alabama and with the Boys Clubs of America.
Abstract Post cards, correspondence, printed items, photos, and other memorabilia collected by this long time Hattiesburg resident.
Dates: circa 1910-2010
Abstract In 1995 Miss Oseola McCarty, an African American laundress, donated the bulk of her life’s savings, $150,000, to The University of Southern Mississippi to provide scholarships for deserving students. This collection documents her generous act and the multitude of honors and awards presented to her in the ensuing years.
Dates: circa 1920-1999
Abstract Correspondence, photographs, memorabilia, genealogical materials.
Scope and Contents Large collection of books, printed material, and memorabilia related to Mississippi and other subjects.
Dates: 1646-to date
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 11
- Memorabilia. 10
- Records (Documents). 10
- Financial documents. 9
- Programs (Publications). 8
- Fliers (Ephemera). 7
- Periodicals. 7
- Legal forms. 6
- Speech. 6
- Albums (Books). 5
- Awards. 5
- Books. 5
- Diplomas. 5
- Essay. 5
- Greeting cards. 5
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 5 ∧ less
- Adams, Victoria Gray, 1926-2006 1
- Association of American Railroads. AAR (1934-) 1
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 1
- Colmer, William Meyers, Congressman, 1890-1980 1
- Dahl, Kathleen Aileen 1
- Dahmer, Vernon Ferdinand, 1908-1966 1
- Davis, Charles L., 1943-2016 1
- Fernwood, Columbia, and Gulf (Railroad). FC&G (1920-1972) 1
- Gulf, Mobile and Ohio Railroad Company. GM & O (1938-1972) 1
- Hattiesburg High School. 1
- Heartman, Charles F. (Charles Frederick), 1883-1953 1
- Kentucky and Tennessee Railway. K&T (1902-1904) 1
- Kyker, Fannie LaVelle “Goodie”, 1926-2009 1
- McCarty, Oseola, 1908-1999 1
- Riley, James A. 1
- Southern Railroad Company (1894–1990) 1
- Wallace, George C., Governor of Alabama (George Corley), 1919-1998 1 ∧ less