Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Materials from Cherry Burns’ world travels.
In 1995 Miss Oseola McCarty, an African American laundress, donated the bulk of her life’s savings, $150,000, to The University of Southern Mississippi to provide scholarships for deserving students. This collection documents her generous act and the multitude of honors and awards presented to her in the ensuing years.
Large collection of books, printed material, and memorabilia related to Mississippi and other subjects.
- Books. 2
- Certificates. 2
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 2
- Financial documents. 2
- Fliers (Ephemera). 2
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 2
- Manuscript. 2
- Map. 2
- Newsletters. 2
- Periodicals. 2
- Postcards. 2
- Posters. 2 ∧ less
- Association of American Railroads. AAR (1934-) 1
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 1
- Burns , Cherry Lou Fellner , 1926- 1
- Fernwood, Columbia, and Gulf (Railroad). FC&G (1920-1972) 1
- Gulf, Mobile and Ohio Railroad Company. GM & O (1938-1972) 1