Showing Collections: 1 - 16 of 16
Abstract Materials relating to her life-time of civil rights and human rights activities.
Dates: circa 1938-2000
Abstract Materials documenting activities of African-American political activist in Hattiesburg,
Abstract The Edythe Evelyn Gandy Personal Collection contains Gandy family materials, historical manuscript materials, photographs, and correspondence.
Dates: circa early 1920s-1995
Abstract This collection contains materials related to Arthur Lavonne Gilmore, Sr. and Arthur Lavonne Gilmore, Jr.
Abstract This collection contains historical materials and various publications.
Form of Material Photographs, artifacts, and memorabilia from Hattiesburg area businesses and others.
Dates: 1926-1956, 1976, 2006-2014 and undated
Scope and Contents This Collection consists of 2 boxes of historical records on the Hattiesburg Lions Club, dating from its Charter on February 28, 1928 to 1993.
Abstract The collection contains various paper materials such as correspondence, copied newspapers, brochures, flyers, and photographs. Non-paper material items includes such things as a plaque, a ribbon, a windbreaker, and a plastic Coke mug.
Dates: circa 1970s-2000s
Abstract Post cards, correspondence, printed items, photos, and other memorabilia collected by this long time Hattiesburg resident.
Dates: circa 1910-2010
Abstract In 1995 Miss Oseola McCarty, an African American laundress, donated the bulk of her life’s savings, $150,000, to The University of Southern Mississippi to provide scholarships for deserving students. This collection documents her generous act and the multitude of honors and awards presented to her in the ensuing years.
Dates: circa 1920-1999
Abstract This collection contains historical materials, children’s books, and various magazines.
Form of Material A collection of correspondence, estate documents, certificates, newsletters, genealogical materials and other items pertaining to the families of Abner Polk and his wife, Ida Chambers Polk. Abner Polk was born in Lawrence County, Mississippi in 1860, and Ida Chambers was born in Washington County, Alabama in 1867. Abner and Ida were married on February 13, 1890, and lived in Marion County, Mississippi until approximately 1898, when they moved to Hattiesburg.
Dates: circa 1841-1998
Scope and Contents Large collection of books, printed material, and memorabilia related to Mississippi and other subjects.
Dates: 1646-to date
Abstract Organizational records.
Abstract Materials documenting the work of 1960s Forrest County N.A.A.C.P. leaders J.C. Fairley and Daisy Harris.
Dates: circa 1939-2011
Form of Material Scrapbooks and other materials relating to G. D. Williamson, who served as Hattiesburg City Commissioner from 1977-1985. He became Mayor of Hattiesburg in 1985, when the city’s government changed from a commission form of government to a mayor/city council form, and served until July 3, 1989.The scrapbooks consist primarily of newspaper clippings (most dated) from the Hattiesburg American. Some photographs and correspondence are included. Among the topics...
- Photographs. 15
- Records (Documents). 15
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 14
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 14
- Memorabilia. 10
- Financial documents. 9
- Newsletters. 9
- Periodicals. 9
- Programs (Publications). 9
- Albums (Books). 7
- Books. 7
- Fliers (Ephemera). 7
- Postcards. 7
- Certificates. 6
- Clubs. 6
- Calendar. 5
- Essay. 5
- Minutes (Records). 5 ∧ less
- Hattiesburg High School. 2
- The Hattiesburg American (Miss.) (1897-) 2
- Adams, Victoria Gray, 1926-2006 1
- Association of American Railroads. AAR (1934-) 1
- Barnett, Ross R., 53rd Governor of Mississippi (Ross Robert), 1898-1987 1
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 1
- Cook, R.C., Dr., 4th President of Mississippi Southern College (now the University of Southern Mississippi) (Robert Cecil), 1903-1979 1
- Dahmer, Vernon Ferdinand, 1908-1966 1
- Davis, Charles L., 1943-2016 1
- Demonstration School (Hattiesburg, Miss.) (1926-1963) 1
- Evers, Medgar Wiley, 1925-1963 1
- Fernwood, Columbia, and Gulf (Railroad). FC&G (1920-1972) 1
- Foote, Henry S. (Henry Stuart), Governor, 1804-1880 1
- Gandy, Evelyn, 26th Lieutenant Governor of Mississippi (Edythe Evelyn), 1920-2007 1
- Gilmore, Arthur Lavonne, Jr., 1922-2015 1
- Gilmore, Arthur Lavonne, Sr., 1897-1974 1
- Gonzales,, John Edmond, Dr., 1924-2004 1
- Gulf, Mobile and Ohio Railroad Company. GM & O (1938-1972) 1
- Johnson, Johnson, Paul B., Jr., Governor (Paul Burney), 1916-1985 1
- Kennard, Clyde, 1927-1963 1 ∧ less