Showing Collections: 31 - 51 of 51
Materials pertaining to the proposed Mississippi Superconducting Super Collider project.
This collection contains materials generated and/or collected by Perry County Citizens Against Nuclear Disposal, Inc. (PC-CAND). This collection should be of interest to those researching any aspect of nuclear waste disposal.
Correspondence, photographs, memorabilia, genealogical materials.
This collection contains historical materials, children’s books, and various magazines.
Memorabelia related to Piney Woods School, including Business card of Neff Chastain, The Original Dry Boiled Peanut “King.
A collection of correspondence, estate documents, certificates, newsletters, genealogical materials and other items pertaining to the families of Abner Polk and his wife, Ida Chambers Polk. Abner Polk was born in Lawrence County, Mississippi in 1860, and Ida Chambers was born in Washington County, Alabama in 1867. Abner and Ida were married on February 13, 1890, and lived in Marion County, Mississippi until approximately 1898, when they moved to Hattiesburg.
Brochure from the 73rd annual founders’ day of the Prentiss Normal and Industrial Institute held on May 8, 1980. The dates covered in the brochure are 1907 to 1980.
Photographs taken by creative artist at SNCC orientation session and in Hattiesburg, Mississippi during Freedom Summer, materials documenting USM's commemoration of the 35th anniversary of Freedom Summer on June 5-7, 1999 in conjunction with the opening of the exhibit "Faces of Freedom Summer: The Photographs of Herbert Randall", and materials related to the book Faces of Freedom Summer.
Large collection of books, printed material, and memorabilia related to Mississippi and other subjects.
Advertising galleys, magazine articles, campaign brochures, DVD and a dust jacket concerning Peter Rogers and Peter Rogers Associates. A graduate of The University of Southern Mississippi, Rogers is an artist who became successful in public relations and advertising, specializing in fashion and cosmetics.
Political memorabilia, research collections, personal and family materials of a historian and student of state, national, and international politics.
The Henry and Sue [Lorenzi] Sojourner Civil Rights Movement Collection contains a vast array of materials from during and after the [Lorenzi] Sojourner’s time in Holmes County, Mississippi, during the Freedom Summer of 1964. This collection would be of interest to researchers studying the Civil Rights Movement, Mississippi history, and Freedom Summer.
Materials cover the feminist movement, a farm co-op, and Sue’s artistic endeavors.
Correspondence, laboratory notes, research notes, reports, newsletters, business records, photographs, and journal articles.
Photographs, slides, maps, and manuscripts produced by Station scientists and staff.
Materials documenting the work of 1960s Forrest County N.A.A.C.P. leaders J.C. Fairley and Daisy Harris.
Rev. Dr. Iain Whyte of Scotland was a volunteer in the Freedom Summer Project of 1964. Included in the collection are slides, letters, pamphlets, and flyers from his time in Greenville and Jackson working in the Freedom Schools.
This collection contains correspondence, research materials, drafts, and lectures by the author or editor of a dozen books about Southern literature.
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 38
- Photographs. 36
- Letter. 35
- Records (Documents). 34
- Periodicals. 20
- Memorabilia. 19
- Newsletters. 19
- Programs (Publications). 19
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 16
- Financial documents. 15
- Fliers (Ephemera). 15
- Civil rights. 13
- Postcards. 13
- Speech. 13
- Albums (Books). 12
- Books. 12
- Certificates. 12
- Mississippi Freedom Project. 11
- Civil rights workers -- Mississippi. 10 + ∧ less
- The Hattiesburg American (Miss.) (1897-) 3
- Gandy, Evelyn, 26th Lieutenant Governor of Mississippi (Edythe Evelyn), 1920-2007 2
- Hattiesburg High School. 2
- Lucas, Aubrey K., Dr., 6th President and current President Emeritus of the University of Southern Mississippi (Aubrey Keith) 2
- McCain, William D., Dr., 5th President of Mississippi Southern College (now the University of Southern Mississippi) (William David), 1907-1993 2
- Sojourner, Sue [Lorenzi] (Susan Sadoff Lorenzi Hasalo), 1941-2020 2
- Winter, William F., 58th Governor of Mississippi (William Forrest) 2
- Adams, Victoria Gray, 1926-2006 1
- Allain, Bill, 59th Governor of Mississippi (William Alexander), 1928-2013 1
- American Tung Oil Association 1
- Ashley, Grover, Col. 1
- Association of American Railroads. AAR (1934-) 1
- Balfour, Jeff Edward, 1922-2006 1
- Barnett, Ross R., 53rd Governor of Mississippi (Ross Robert), 1898-1987 1
- Bateman, Doris, 1914-2011 1
- Bateman, James A., James Andy, 1912- 1
- Batzka, David Lee, 1941-2002 1
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 1
- Bishop, John Peale, 1892-1944 1
- Cochran, Thad, Senator, 1937- 1 + ∧ less