Showing Collections: 1 - 11 of 11
Materials documenting activities of African-American political activist in Hattiesburg,
This collection contains materials related to Arthur Lavonne Gilmore, Sr. and Arthur Lavonne Gilmore, Jr.
This collection contains historical materials and various publications.
Miscellaneous personal papers of a Hattiesburg resident. Mrs. Edna L. Hollensed was the great granddaughter of John Wesley Hollensed (M34). She lived at 1414 North Main Street and died in the mid-1990s.
In 1995 Miss Oseola McCarty, an African American laundress, donated the bulk of her life’s savings, $150,000, to The University of Southern Mississippi to provide scholarships for deserving students. This collection documents her generous act and the multitude of honors and awards presented to her in the ensuing years.
A collection of correspondence, estate documents, certificates, newsletters, genealogical materials and other items pertaining to the families of Abner Polk and his wife, Ida Chambers Polk. Abner Polk was born in Lawrence County, Mississippi in 1860, and Ida Chambers was born in Washington County, Alabama in 1867. Abner and Ida were married on February 13, 1890, and lived in Marion County, Mississippi until approximately 1898, when they moved to Hattiesburg.
Organizational records of the Association of American Railroads; the Gulf, Mobile, and Ohio Railroad; the Mississippi Central Railroad; and the Illinois Central.
Organizational records of district encompassing the southern third of Mississippi and southeastern Louisiana.
The Henry and Sue [Lorenzi] Sojourner Civil Rights Movement Collection contains a vast array of materials from during and after the [Lorenzi] Sojourner’s time in Holmes County, Mississippi, during the Freedom Summer of 1964. This collection would be of interest to researchers studying the Civil Rights Movement, Mississippi history, and Freedom Summer.
- Letter. 10
- Photographs. 10
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 9
- Memorabilia. 8
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 6
- Books. 5
- Calendar. 5
- Minutes (Records). 5
- Periodicals. 5
- Programs (Publications). 5
- Annual reports. 4
- Clubs. 4
- Government publications. 4
- University of Southern Mississippi. 4
- African Americans. 3
- Certificates. 3 + ∧ less
- Hattiesburg High School. 2
- American Tung Oil Association 1
- Association of American Railroads. AAR (1934-) 1
- Cook, R.C., Dr., 4th President of Mississippi Southern College (now the University of Southern Mississippi) (Robert Cecil), 1903-1979 1
- Dahmer, Vernon Ferdinand, 1908-1966 1
- Davis, Charles L., 1943-2016 1
- Demonstration School (Hattiesburg, Miss.) (1926-1963) 1
- Foote, Henry S. (Henry Stuart), Governor, 1804-1880 1
- Gilmore, Arthur Lavonne, Jr., 1922-2015 1
- Gilmore, Arthur Lavonne, Sr., 1897-1974 1
- Gonzales,, John Edmond, Dr., 1924-2004 1
- Gulf, Mobile and Ohio Railroad Company. GM & O (1938-1972) 1
- Illinois Central Railroad Company. IC (1851–1999) 1
- Long, James S., Dr. 1
- Lorenzi, Henry ([Lorenzi] Sojourner), -1982 1
- Lucas, Aubrey K., Dr., 6th President and current President Emeritus of the University of Southern Mississippi (Aubrey Keith) 1
- McCain, William D., Dr., 5th President of Mississippi Southern College (now the University of Southern Mississippi) (William David), 1907-1993 1
- McCarty, Oseola, 1908-1999 1
- McLemore, Richard Aubrey, Dr., 1903-1976 1
- Mississippi Central Railroad Company (1897-1967) 1 + ∧ less