Showing Collections: 1 - 30 of 32
Victoria Gray Adams Papers
Materials relating to her life-time of civil rights and human rights activities.
James A. Bateman Papers
Poetry, essays, manuscripts, and published works by James Andy Bateman.
Edna Bishop Papers
This collection consists of information on Women Airforce Service Pilots (WASPs) of World War II.
Cherry Burns Collection
Materials from Cherry Burns’ world travels.
Circus, Minstrel and Traveling Show Collection
Posters, route cards and book, annual, magazine, program of several circuses that performed in Mississippi.
Civil Rights in the South Collection
This collection is a compilation of various materials relating to the Civil Rights Movement in the South.
Charles Davis Papers
Materials documenting activities of African-American political activist in Hattiesburg,
H.C. “Clint” Dellinger Collection
A variety of scrapbooks, newspapers, periodicals, brochures relating to Henry Clinton “Clint” Dellinger (circa 1920-2015).
James M. Edwards Collection
Photographs, certificates, and plaques awarded to Civil War collector.
Gregory E. Favre Collection
The Gregory E. Favre Collection contains family materials, speeches, photographs, articles, and memorabilia.
First Baptist Church Collection
Bulletins, Sunday School planners, brochures, flyers of this Hattiesburg, Mississippi church.
Forrest County Historical Collection
1. Brochure “Forrest County 90 Years of Growth” contains a timeline from 1918 until 1998
2. Booklet “Mississippi The Magnolia State” published by Edwin Lloyd Pittman, Secretary of State, circa 1980-1984
3. Handout “Forrest County Quick Fact Reference 2011” published by the Forrest County Planning Department
4. Periodical “Mississippi Supervisor and Chancery Clerk, Circuit Clerk, Tax Assessor & Collector” June 1991
Courtney L. Frobenius Vietnam Research Collection
The collection contains materials pertaining to the Vietnam War. These materials include medals, photographs, photocopies of books, reports, correspondence, and oversized maps.
Arthur Lavonne Gilmore, Sr. and Arthur Lavonne Gilmore, Jr. Papers
This collection contains materials related to Arthur Lavonne Gilmore, Sr. and Arthur Lavonne Gilmore, Jr.
Dr. John E. Gonzales Papers
This collection contains historical materials and various publications.
Legacy of Dr. Joseph A. Greene, founding Dean of the College of Business and Economic Development
Ed Hamlett White Folks Project Collection
Original and printed materials accumulated by the state director of the White Folks Project, a part of Freedom Summer 1964; includes tape of recent interview with sister of WFP volunteer Sam Shirah; Photocopy of “Poor Whites and the Movement, A Working Paper.”
Hattiesburg Historical Collection
Photographs, artifacts, and memorabilia from Hattiesburg area businesses and others.
Charles F. Heartman Papers
Fannie Kyker Collection
Post cards, correspondence, printed items, photos, and other memorabilia collected by this long time Hattiesburg resident.
Richard Irwin Lester, Jr. Collection
Material on Germany during Third Reich, donated in memory of Armin D. Lehmann and in honor of Wilhelm Reinhard Gehlen.
Vernon & Bonnie Fleming Merrifield Collection
A collection of photographs, booklets, pamphlets, periodicals, postcards, letters, menus, and scrapbooks that will be in various collections.
Nuclear Waste Disposal Research Collection
This collection contains materials generated and/or collected by Perry County Citizens Against Nuclear Disposal, Inc. (PC-CAND). This collection should be of interest to those researching any aspect of nuclear waste disposal.
Tom Rhea Phillips III Collection
This collection contains historical materials, children’s books, and various magazines.
Herbert Randall Freedom Summer Photographs
Photographs taken by creative artist at SNCC orientation session and in Hattiesburg, Mississippi during Freedom Summer, materials documenting USM's commemoration of the 35th anniversary of Freedom Summer on June 5-7, 1999 in conjunction with the opening of the exhibit "Faces of Freedom Summer: The Photographs of Herbert Randall", and materials related to the book Faces of Freedom Summer.
James A. Riley Collection of Mississippi Documents, Newspapers, and Letters
Large collection of books, printed material, and memorabilia related to Mississippi and other subjects.
Peter Rogers Collection
Advertising galleys, magazine articles, campaign brochures, DVD and a dust jacket concerning Peter Rogers and Peter Rogers Associates. A graduate of The University of Southern Mississippi, Rogers is an artist who became successful in public relations and advertising, specializing in fashion and cosmetics.
Henry and Sue [Lorenzi] Sojourner Civil Rights Movement Collection
The Henry and Sue [Lorenzi] Sojourner Civil Rights Movement Collection contains a vast array of materials from during and after the [Lorenzi] Sojourner’s time in Holmes County, Mississippi, during the Freedom Summer of 1964. This collection would be of interest to researchers studying the Civil Rights Movement, Mississippi history, and Freedom Summer.
Thelma Stevens Papers
The Thelma Stevens Papers collection contains personal materials, manuscript materials, published materials, photographs, and correspondence.
Tung Oil Research and Development Collection
Correspondence, laboratory notes, research notes, reports, newsletters, business records, photographs, and journal articles.
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 24
- Letter. 24
- Photographs. 24
- Records (Documents). 22
- Newsletters. 16
- Programs (Publications). 16
- Memorabilia. 14
- Albums (Books). 13
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 11
- Newspapers. 11
- Books. 10
- Fliers (Ephemera). 10
- Postcards. 10
- Financial documents. 9
- Posters. 9
- Civil rights. 8
- Essay. 8
- Government publications. 8 + ∧ less
- German 1
- Hattiesburg High School. 2
- Adams, Victoria Gray, 1926-2006 1
- Allain, Bill, 59th Governor of Mississippi (William Alexander), 1928-2013 1
- American Tung Oil Association 1
- Association of American Railroads. AAR (1934-) 1
- Bateman, Doris, 1914-2011 1
- Bateman, James A., James Andy, 1912- 1
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 1
- Bishop, John Peale, 1892-1944 1
- Burns , Cherry Lou Fellner , 1926- 1
- Cochran, Thad, Senator, 1937- 1
- Cook, R.C., Dr., 4th President of Mississippi Southern College (now the University of Southern Mississippi) (Robert Cecil), 1903-1979 1
- Cowley, Malcolm, 1898-1989 1
- Dahmer, Vernon Ferdinand, 1908-1966 1
- Davidson, Donald, 1893-1968 1
- Davis, Charles L., 1943-2016 1
- De La Beckwith, Byron, Jr., 1920-2001 1
- Demonstration School (Hattiesburg, Miss.) (1926-1963) 1
- Evers, Medgar Wiley, 1925-1963 1
- Fernwood, Columbia, and Gulf (Railroad). FC&G (1920-1972) 1 + ∧ less