Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Charles Davis Papers
Materials documenting activities of African-American political activist in Hattiesburg,
Arthur Lavonne Gilmore, Sr. and Arthur Lavonne Gilmore, Jr. Papers
This collection contains materials related to Arthur Lavonne Gilmore, Sr. and Arthur Lavonne Gilmore, Jr.
Edna L. Hollensed Papers
Miscellaneous personal papers of a Hattiesburg resident. Mrs. Edna L. Hollensed was the great granddaughter of John Wesley Hollensed (M34). She lived at 1414 North Main Street and died in the mid-1990s.
Oseola McCarty Collection
In 1995 Miss Oseola McCarty, an African American laundress, donated the bulk of her life’s savings, $150,000, to The University of Southern Mississippi to provide scholarships for deserving students. This collection documents her generous act and the multitude of honors and awards presented to her in the ensuing years.
Rotary Club District 6840 Records
Organizational records of district encompassing the southern third of Mississippi and southeastern Louisiana.
- Books. 4
- Letter. 4
- Memorabilia. 4
- Calendar. 3
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 3
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 3
- African Americans. 2
- Certificates. 2
- Diplomas. 2
- Directory. 2
- Essay. 2
- Military discharge. 2
- Periodicals. 2
- University of Southern Mississippi. 2 + ∧ less
- Hattiesburg High School. 2
- Dahmer, Vernon Ferdinand, 1908-1966 1
- Davis, Charles L., 1943-2016 1
- Demonstration School (Hattiesburg, Miss.) (1926-1963) 1
- Gilmore, Arthur Lavonne, Jr., 1922-2015 1
- Gilmore, Arthur Lavonne, Sr., 1897-1974 1
- McCarty, Oseola, 1908-1999 1
- Rotary District 6840 1 + ∧ less