Showing Collections: 1 - 21 of 21
Abstract Materials relating to her life-time of civil rights and human rights activities.
Dates: circa 1938-2000
Scope and Contents This collection consists of information on Women Airforce Service Pilots (WASPs) of World War II.
Dates: circa 1941-1996
Abstract Materials from Cherry Burns’ world travels.
Dates: 1926- circa 2005
Scope and Contents The vast majority of the William M. Colmer Papers encompass his forty-year career as a United States Congressman from Mississippi (1933-1972). However, it also contains a significant amount of material regarding his activities prior to his election to Congress, and a limited amount of materials generated after his retirement in 1972. The original arrangement of the materials has been preserved as closely as possible. Inclusive dates are approximately 1906–1980. The collection divided into...
Abstract Materials documenting activities of African-American political activist in Hattiesburg,
Abstract The Gregory E. Favre Collection contains family materials, speeches, photographs, articles, and memorabilia.
Abstract The Edythe Evelyn Gandy Personal Collection contains Gandy family materials, historical manuscript materials, photographs, and correspondence.
Dates: circa early 1920s-1995
Abstract This collection contains materials related to Arthur Lavonne Gilmore, Sr. and Arthur Lavonne Gilmore, Jr.
Abstract Files from Dr. Hamman’s involvement with the Mississippi Council on Family Relations as well as being a faculty member in the Home Economics Department at USM.
Dates: circa 1950s-1990s
Form of Material Photographs, artifacts, and memorabilia from Hattiesburg area businesses and others.
Dates: 1926-1956, 1976, 2006-2014 and undated
Abstract Photographs, brochures, news clippings, and mementos pertaining to the State Teachers College Band's participation in the "Know Mississippi Better" tours of the U.S. by train.
Form of Material Miscellaneous personal papers of a Hattiesburg resident. Mrs. Edna L. Hollensed was the great granddaughter of John Wesley Hollensed (M34). She lived at 1414 North Main Street and died in the mid-1990s.
Dates: circa 1940s-1960s
Abstract Correspondence, speeches, reports, publications, clippings, photographs, genealogical materials relating to Mississippi-born educator in New York and Alabama and with the Boys Clubs of America.
Abstract Post cards, correspondence, printed items, photos, and other memorabilia collected by this long time Hattiesburg resident.
Dates: circa 1910-2010
Form of Material Materials pertaining to the proposed Mississippi Superconducting Super Collider project.
Scope and Contents This collection contains materials generated and/or collected by Perry County Citizens Against Nuclear Disposal, Inc. (PC-CAND). This collection should be of interest to those researching any aspect of nuclear waste disposal.
Dates: circa 1969-1987
Scope and Contents Large collection of books, printed material, and memorabilia related to Mississippi and other subjects.
Dates: 1646-to date
Abstract Materials documenting the work of 1960s Forrest County N.A.A.C.P. leaders J.C. Fairley and Daisy Harris.
Dates: circa 1939-2011
Abstract This collection contains correspondence, research materials, drafts, and lectures by the author or editor of a dozen books about Southern literature.
- Letter. 17
- Photographs. 17
- Records (Documents). 17
- Memorabilia. 13
- Periodicals. 13
- Fliers (Ephemera). 12
- Newsletters. 12
- Postcards. 10
- Financial documents. 9
- Speech. 9
- Albums (Books). 8
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 8
- Books. 7
- Certificates. 7
- Greeting cards. 7
- Diplomas. 6
- Essay. 6 ∧ less
- Gandy, Evelyn, 26th Lieutenant Governor of Mississippi (Edythe Evelyn), 1920-2007 2
- Hattiesburg High School. 2
- Adams, Victoria Gray, 1926-2006 1
- Allain, Bill, 59th Governor of Mississippi (William Alexander), 1928-2013 1
- Association of American Railroads. AAR (1934-) 1
- Barnett, Ross R., 53rd Governor of Mississippi (Ross Robert), 1898-1987 1
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 1
- Bishop, John Peale, 1892-1944 1
- Burns , Cherry Lou Fellner , 1926- 1
- Cochran, Thad, Senator, 1937- 1
- Colmer, William Meyers, Congressman, 1890-1980 1
- Cowley, Malcolm, 1898-1989 1
- Dahmer, Vernon Ferdinand, 1908-1966 1
- Davidson, Donald, 1893-1968 1
- Davis, Charles L., 1943-2016 1
- Demonstration School (Hattiesburg, Miss.) (1926-1963) 1
- Evers, Medgar Wiley, 1925-1963 1
- Fernwood, Columbia, and Gulf (Railroad). FC&G (1920-1972) 1
- Gilmore, Arthur Lavonne, Jr., 1922-2015 1
- Gilmore, Arthur Lavonne, Sr., 1897-1974 1 ∧ less