Showing Collections: 1 - 17 of 17
Abstract Materials from Cherry Burns’ world travels.
Dates: 1926- circa 2005
Scope and Contents This collection is a compilation of various materials relating to the Civil Rights Movement in the South.
Dates: circa 1956-2014
Scope and Contents The vast majority of the William M. Colmer Papers encompass his forty-year career as a United States Congressman from Mississippi (1933-1972). However, it also contains a significant amount of material regarding his activities prior to his election to Congress, and a limited amount of materials generated after his retirement in 1972. The original arrangement of the materials has been preserved as closely as possible. Inclusive dates are approximately 1906–1980. The collection divided into...
Abstract Materials documenting activities of African-American political activist in Hattiesburg,
Abstract The Gregory E. Favre Collection contains family materials, speeches, photographs, articles, and memorabilia.
Abstract The Edythe Evelyn Gandy Personal Collection contains Gandy family materials, historical manuscript materials, photographs, and correspondence.
Dates: circa early 1920s-1995
Abstract This collection contains materials related to Arthur Lavonne Gilmore, Sr. and Arthur Lavonne Gilmore, Jr.
Form of Material Photographs, artifacts, and memorabilia from Hattiesburg area businesses and others.
Dates: 1926-1956, 1976, 2006-2014 and undated
Abstract Photographs, brochures, news clippings, and mementos pertaining to the State Teachers College Band's participation in the "Know Mississippi Better" tours of the U.S. by train.
Abstract Correspondence, speeches, reports, publications, clippings, photographs, genealogical materials relating to Mississippi-born educator in New York and Alabama and with the Boys Clubs of America.
Abstract Post cards, correspondence, printed items, photos, and other memorabilia collected by this long time Hattiesburg resident.
Dates: circa 1910-2010
Abstract In 1995 Miss Oseola McCarty, an African American laundress, donated the bulk of her life’s savings, $150,000, to The University of Southern Mississippi to provide scholarships for deserving students. This collection documents her generous act and the multitude of honors and awards presented to her in the ensuing years.
Dates: circa 1920-1999
Scope and Contents This collection contains materials generated and/or collected by Perry County Citizens Against Nuclear Disposal, Inc. (PC-CAND). This collection should be of interest to those researching any aspect of nuclear waste disposal.
Dates: circa 1969-1987
Scope and Contents Large collection of books, printed material, and memorabilia related to Mississippi and other subjects.
Dates: 1646-to date
Abstract Organizational records of district encompassing the southern third of Mississippi and southeastern Louisiana.
Form of Material Material pertaining to the 100th anniversary of Shelton Baptist Church in Moselle, Mississippi, held in 2007.
Dates: October 14, 2007
- Letter. 16
- Photographs. 14
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 13
- Records (Documents). 13
- Newsletters. 10
- Periodicals. 10
- Fliers (Ephemera). 9
- Financial documents. 8
- Postcards. 8
- Albums (Books). 7
- Certificates. 7
- Calendar. 6
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 6
- Books. 5
- Clubs. 5
- Diplomas. 5
- Government publications. 5 ∧ less
- Gandy, Evelyn, 26th Lieutenant Governor of Mississippi (Edythe Evelyn), 1920-2007 2
- Hattiesburg High School. 2
- Allain, Bill, 59th Governor of Mississippi (William Alexander), 1928-2013 1
- Association of American Railroads. AAR (1934-) 1
- Barnett, Ross R., 53rd Governor of Mississippi (Ross Robert), 1898-1987 1
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 1
- Burns , Cherry Lou Fellner , 1926- 1
- Cochran, Thad, Senator, 1937- 1
- Colmer, William Meyers, Congressman, 1890-1980 1
- Dahmer, Vernon Ferdinand, 1908-1966 1
- Davis, Charles L., 1943-2016 1
- De La Beckwith, Byron, Jr., 1920-2001 1
- Demonstration School (Hattiesburg, Miss.) (1926-1963) 1
- Fernwood, Columbia, and Gulf (Railroad). FC&G (1920-1972) 1
- Gilmore, Arthur Lavonne, Jr., 1922-2015 1
- Gilmore, Arthur Lavonne, Sr., 1897-1974 1
- Gregory and Bea Favre 1
- Gulf, Mobile and Ohio Railroad Company. GM & O (1938-1972) 1
- Hinton, Margaret Alice Thatch, 1907-2005 1
- Johnson, Johnson, Paul B., Jr., Governor (Paul Burney), 1916-1985 1 ∧ less