Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 10
Abstract Materials relating to her life-time of civil rights and human rights activities.
Dates: circa 1938-2000
Scope and Contents The vast majority of the William M. Colmer Papers encompass his forty-year career as a United States Congressman from Mississippi (1933-1972). However, it also contains a significant amount of material regarding his activities prior to his election to Congress, and a limited amount of materials generated after his retirement in 1972. The original arrangement of the materials has been preserved as closely as possible. Inclusive dates are approximately 1906–1980. The collection divided into...
Form of Material Dr. Shirley Jones, retired Dean of the Graduate School of Social Work at the University of Southern Mississippi, was co-director of the Economic and Social Development Think Tank Conferences in 1986, 1987, and 1988. Dr. Jones was the first African American dean appointed to the public university system in Mississippi. These are the programs from those conferences:1. Brochure for A Conference on Job Dislocation and Career Development in a High-Tech Society...
Dates: 1984; 1986-1988
Abstract The Gregory E. Favre Collection contains family materials, speeches, photographs, articles, and memorabilia.
Abstract The Edythe Evelyn Gandy Personal Collection contains Gandy family materials, historical manuscript materials, photographs, and correspondence.
Dates: circa early 1920s-1995
Abstract Correspondence, speeches, reports, publications, clippings, photographs, genealogical materials relating to Mississippi-born educator in New York and Alabama and with the Boys Clubs of America.
Abstract Materials documenting the work of 1960s Forrest County N.A.A.C.P. leaders J.C. Fairley and Daisy Harris.
Dates: circa 1939-2011
Abstract This collection contains correspondence, research materials, drafts, and lectures by the author or editor of a dozen books about Southern literature.
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 9
- Photographs. 9
- Letter. 8
- Memorabilia. 5
- Periodicals. 5
- Albums (Books). 4
- Awards. 4
- Biographies. 4
- Certificates. 4
- Financial documents. 4
- Fliers (Ephemera). 4
- Greeting cards. 4
- Newsletters. 4
- University of Southern Mississippi -- Faculty. 4
- African Americans -- Civil rights. 3
- Books. 3 ∧ less
- Adams, Victoria Gray, 1926-2006 1
- Barnett, Ross R., 53rd Governor of Mississippi (Ross Robert), 1898-1987 1
- Bishop, John Peale, 1892-1944 1
- Colmer, William Meyers, Congressman, 1890-1980 1
- Cowley, Malcolm, 1898-1989 1
- Davidson, Donald, 1893-1968 1
- Evers, Medgar Wiley, 1925-1963 1
- Gandy, Evelyn, 26th Lieutenant Governor of Mississippi (Edythe Evelyn), 1920-2007 1
- Gregory and Bea Favre 1
- Johnson, Johnson, Paul B., Jr., Governor (Paul Burney), 1916-1985 1
- Jones, Shirley J., Dr., Dean of the Graduate School of Social Work, 1931- 1
- Kennard, Clyde, 1927-1963 1
- King, Martin Luther, Jr., 1929-1968 1
- Lanier, Sidney, 1842-1881 1
- Lucas, Aubrey K., Dr., 6th President and current President Emeritus of the University of Southern Mississippi (Aubrey Keith) 1
- Lytle, Andrew Nelson, 1902-1995 1
- Ransom, John Crowe, 1888-1974 1
- Tate, Allen, 1899-1979 1
- Wade, Daisy Harris, 1931-2014 1
- Young, Thomas Daniel, 1919-1997 1 ∧ less