Showing Collections: 1 - 15 of 15
Scope and Contents This collection consists of information on Women Airforce Service Pilots (WASPs) of World War II.
Dates: circa 1941-1996
Abstract Materials from Cherry Burns’ world travels.
Dates: 1926- circa 2005
Abstract Materials documenting activities of African-American political activist in Hattiesburg,
Abstract The collection contains materials pertaining to the Vietnam War. These materials include medals, photographs, photocopies of books, reports, correspondence, and oversized maps.
Dates: 1868; circa early 1900s; 1940; 1948; 1956; 1979; 1983 – 1989; 1993 – 2002; Undated; Majority of material found within 1962-1971
Abstract Material on Germany during Third Reich, donated in memory of Armin D. Lehmann.
Dates: early 1900s-1960s
Form of Material Materials pertaining to the proposed Mississippi Superconducting Super Collider project.
Scope and Contents This collection contains materials generated and/or collected by Perry County Citizens Against Nuclear Disposal, Inc. (PC-CAND). This collection should be of interest to those researching any aspect of nuclear waste disposal.
Dates: circa 1969-1987
Abstract Various primary source materials including: speeches, pamphlets, mailers, posters, bumper stickers, fliers, campaign & business cards, and clippings relating to National and Mississippi politics.
Abstract Documents pertaining to Purvis city government.
Scope and Contents Organizational records of the Association of American Railroads; the Gulf, Mobile, and Ohio Railroad; the Mississippi Central Railroad; and the Illinois Central.
Dates: circa 1850-1967
Scope and Contents Large collection of books, printed material, and memorabilia related to Mississippi and other subjects.
Dates: 1646-to date
Abstract The Henry and Sue [Lorenzi] Sojourner Civil Rights Movement Collection contains a vast array of materials from during and after the [Lorenzi] Sojourner’s time in Holmes County, Mississippi, during the Freedom Summer of 1964. This collection would be of interest to researchers studying the Civil Rights Movement, Mississippi history, and Freedom Summer.
Dates: 1900s; 1940s–1950s; Majority of material found within 1960s–2010s; Undated
Scope and Contents The Southern Tourism Collection includes advertisements for tourist destinations throughout the United States, with the vast majority located in the American South. This collection is organized geographically, and each geographic level (i.e. country, state, Mississippi region, county, and city) is organized alphabetically.These materials cover approximately ten different states, with most state-level material concentrated in Mississippi. Additionally, it encompasses eleven...
Dates: 1843-2009; Majority of material found within 1960s; 1990s
Abstract Photographs, slides, maps, and manuscripts produced by Station scientists and staff.
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 13
- Records (Documents). 12
- Letter. 10
- Photographs. 9
- Fliers (Ephemera). 8
- Periodicals. 8
- Memorabilia. 7
- Newsletters. 7
- Government publications. 6
- Programs (Publications). 6
- Financial documents. 5
- Manuscript. 5
- Mississippi. 5
- Albums (Books). 4
- Books. 4
- Calendar. 4
- Newspapers. 4
- Political campaigns. 4 ∧ less
- German 1
- Association of American Railroads. AAR (1934-) 2
- Gulf, Mobile and Ohio Railroad Company. GM & O (1938-1972) 2
- Allain, Bill, 59th Governor of Mississippi (William Alexander), 1928-2013 1
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 1
- Burns , Cherry Lou Fellner , 1926- 1
- Cartwright, Paul 1
- Cochran, Thad, Senator, 1937- 1
- Dahmer, Vernon Ferdinand, 1908-1966 1
- Davis, Charles L., 1943-2016 1
- Fernwood, Columbia, and Gulf (Railroad). FC&G (1920-1972) 1
- Gandy, Evelyn, 26th Lieutenant Governor of Mississippi (Edythe Evelyn), 1920-2007 1
- Hattiesburg High School. 1
- Illinois Central Railroad Company. IC (1851–1999) 1
- Kentucky and Tennessee Railway. K&T (1902-1904) 1
- Lehmann,, Armin D. (Armin Dieter), 1928-2008 1
- Lorenzi, Henry ([Lorenzi] Sojourner), -1982 1
- Lott, Trent, Senator, 1941- 1
- Mississippi Central Railroad Company (1897-1967) 1
- Perry County Citizens Against Nuclear Disposal (Miss.). PC-CAND 1
- Riley, James A. 1 ∧ less