Showing Collections: 1 - 18 of 18
Abstract Materials relating to her life-time of civil rights and human rights activities.
Dates: circa 1938-2000
Abstract This collection contains photographs, slides, postcards, and memoirs of Mississippi.
Abstract Materials from Cherry Burns’ world travels.
Dates: 1926- circa 2005
Abstract Posters, route cards and book, annual, magazine, program of several circuses that performed in Mississippi.
Scope and Contents The vast majority of the William M. Colmer Papers encompass his forty-year career as a United States Congressman from Mississippi (1933-1972). However, it also contains a significant amount of material regarding his activities prior to his election to Congress, and a limited amount of materials generated after his retirement in 1972. The original arrangement of the materials has been preserved as closely as possible. Inclusive dates are approximately 1906–1980. The collection divided into...
Abstract The Edythe Evelyn Gandy Personal Collection contains Gandy family materials, historical manuscript materials, photographs, and correspondence.
Dates: circa early 1920s-1995
Abstract This collection contains materials related to Arthur Lavonne Gilmore, Sr. and Arthur Lavonne Gilmore, Jr.
Abstract This collection contains historical materials and various publications.
Abstract Files from Dr. Hamman’s involvement with the Mississippi Council on Family Relations as well as being a faculty member in the Home Economics Department at USM.
Dates: circa 1950s-1990s
Form of Material Photographs, artifacts, and memorabilia from Hattiesburg area businesses and others.
Dates: 1926-1956, 1976, 2006-2014 and undated
Abstract Photographs, brochures, news clippings, and mementos pertaining to the State Teachers College Band's participation in the "Know Mississippi Better" tours of the U.S. by train.
Abstract Post cards, correspondence, printed items, photos, and other memorabilia collected by this long time Hattiesburg resident.
Dates: circa 1910-2010
Abstract Material on Germany during Third Reich, donated in memory of Armin D. Lehmann.
Dates: early 1900s-1960s
Form of Material A collection of photographs, booklets, pamphlets, periodicals, postcards, letters, menus, and scrapbooks that will be in various collections.
Scope and Contents Large collection of books, printed material, and memorabilia related to Mississippi and other subjects.
Dates: 1646-to date
Abstract The collection contains postcards, photographs, books, brochures, and newsletters from World War I.
Scope and Contents Materials cover the feminist movement, a farm co-op, and Sue’s artistic endeavors.
Dates: circa 1960s-2000s
Scope and Contents The Southern Tourism Collection includes advertisements for tourist destinations throughout the United States, with the vast majority located in the American South. This collection is organized geographically, and each geographic level (i.e. country, state, Mississippi region, county, and city) is organized alphabetically.These materials cover approximately ten different states, with most state-level material concentrated in Mississippi. Additionally, it encompasses eleven...
Dates: 1843-2009; Majority of material found within 1960s; 1990s
- Photographs. 17
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 13
- Letter. 13
- Records (Documents). 12
- Programs (Publications). 11
- Albums (Books). 10
- Periodicals. 10
- Memorabilia. 9
- Fliers (Ephemera). 8
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 8
- Essay. 6
- Financial documents. 6
- Newsletters. 6
- Poetry. 5
- Posters. 5
- University of Southern Mississippi. 5
- Books. 4
- Calendar. 4 ∧ less
- German 1
- Adams, Victoria Gray, 1926-2006 1
- Association of American Railroads. AAR (1934-) 1
- Balfour, Jeff Edward, 1922-2006 1
- Barnett, Ross R., 53rd Governor of Mississippi (Ross Robert), 1898-1987 1
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 1
- Burns , Cherry Lou Fellner , 1926- 1
- Colmer, William Meyers, Congressman, 1890-1980 1
- Cook, R.C., Dr., 4th President of Mississippi Southern College (now the University of Southern Mississippi) (Robert Cecil), 1903-1979 1
- Demonstration School (Hattiesburg, Miss.) (1926-1963) 1
- Dixie Darlings (Dance team). (1954-) 1
- Fernwood, Columbia, and Gulf (Railroad). FC&G (1920-1972) 1
- Foote, Henry S. (Henry Stuart), Governor, 1804-1880 1
- Gandy, Evelyn, 26th Lieutenant Governor of Mississippi (Edythe Evelyn), 1920-2007 1
- Gilmore, Arthur Lavonne, Jr., 1922-2015 1
- Gilmore, Arthur Lavonne, Sr., 1897-1974 1
- Gonzales,, John Edmond, Dr., 1924-2004 1
- Gulf, Mobile and Ohio Railroad Company. GM & O (1938-1972) 1
- Hattiesburg High School. 1
- Hinton, Margaret Alice Thatch, 1907-2005 1
- Johnson, Johnson, Paul B., Jr., Governor (Paul Burney), 1916-1985 1 ∧ less