Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Gregory E. Favre Collection
The Gregory E. Favre Collection contains family materials, speeches, photographs, articles, and memorabilia.
Paul B. Johnson Family Papers
Abstract This collection has immense research value. In its coverage of Paul B. Johnson's terms as lieutenant governor and governor of Mississippi, it documents one of the most critical periods in the state's history -- the Civil Rights Movement of the 1960s. The State Sovereignty Commission records, along with the Highway Patrol records paint a graphic portrait of efforts to thwart civil rights activities in the state, and to preserve the separation of the races. Additionally, it documents (through...
Dates: circa 1910-1973
Charles A. Marx Papers
Correspondence, reports, files, magazines documenting his career with the Mississippi Highway Patrol and as an attorney.
Oseola McCarty Collection
In 1995 Miss Oseola McCarty, an African American laundress, donated the bulk of her life’s savings, $150,000, to The University of Southern Mississippi to provide scholarships for deserving students. This collection documents her generous act and the multitude of honors and awards presented to her in the ensuing years.
Dates: circa 1920-1999
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 3
- Clubs. 3
- Financial documents. 3
- Greeting cards. 3
- Periodicals. 3
- Programs (Publications). 3
- Biographies. 2
- Books. 2
- Brochures. 2
- Certificates. 2
- Essay. 2
- Handbook. 2
- Interviews (Sound recordings). 2
- Invitation cards. 2 + ∧ less
- Gregory and Bea Favre 1
- Johnson, Dorothy (Dot) Power 1
- Johnson, Paul B., Jr., Governor (Paul Burney), 1916-1985 1
- Johnson, Paul B., Sr., Governor (Paul Burney), 1880-1943 1
- Marx, Charles Alvin, Dr., 1932- 1
- McCarty, Oseola, 1908-1999 1
- Paul B. Johnson Family 1 + ∧ less