Showing Collections: 1 - 14 of 14
Abstract Photographs, newspaper clippings, postcards, correspondence relating to history of Camp Shelby, an armed forces training camp located near Hattiesburg, Mississippi.
Dates: Majority of material found in Circa 1918-2004
Scope and Contents The vast majority of the William M. Colmer Papers encompass his forty-year career as a United States Congressman from Mississippi (1933-1972). However, it also contains a significant amount of material regarding his activities prior to his election to Congress, and a limited amount of materials generated after his retirement in 1972. The original arrangement of the materials has been preserved as closely as possible. Inclusive dates are approximately 1906–1980. The collection divided into...
Form of Material This collection contains a postcard and photographs of Catherine Crowell and her friends during their service in the Army Nurse Corps and the Women’s Army Corps in the during World War II. Also photographed in this collection are patients who she took care of during her service, and buildings within Camp Shelby.
Dates: 1945-1949; undated
Form of Materials Items relating to Dent family, also includes surnames Gunn, McLeod, and Pickering. Contains a selection of very early 1900 postcards, mostly of Mississippi Gulf Coast.
Dates: circa 1900-1993
Abstract A booklet of photographic images and historical information regarding the services and activities of a U. S. O. Club for African American servicemen and their families during World War II.
Dates: Majority of material found within circa 1945; 1955
Abstract The N. V. Hannegan Camp Shelby Letters Collection is comprised of twenty-five letters written between Corporal Norbert Hannegan and his sister, May Hannegan, while he was stationed at Camp Shelby, Mississippi in 1943. One letter is written by Cpl. Hannegan’s aunt, Sister Ann Vincent of Nazareth, Kentucky. This collection is of interest to researchers studying World War II, Mississippi History, and religion.
Abstract Original photographs published in the Hattiesburg American.
Dates: 1969, circa 1972-1992
Abstract Garland Sullivan was a member of the Board of Directors for both the Hattiesburg Area Chamber of Commerce and the Forrest County Development Foundation. The collection contains materials from the Hattiesburg Area Chamber of Commerce, Forrest County Development Foundation, Area Development Partnership, and other organizations from the Hattiesburg, Mississippi area.
Abstract Historical materials regarding the city of Hattiesburg and Camp Shelby, Mississippi.
Abstract Letter written to Mary B. Kimball by a hospital librarian at Camp Shelby, Mississippi.
Dates: January 5, 1916 (misdated, likely 1919)
Abstract Post cards, correspondence, printed items, photos, and other memorabilia collected by this long time Hattiesburg resident.
Dates: circa 1910-2010
Abstract This collection contains records, notes, photographs, and publications.
Scope and Contents Collection of issues of primarily American newspapers, including commemorative editions of papers published in Mississippi, Northern and Southern papers covering the Civil War, the Camp Shelby "Reveille", and others.
Dates: 19th-21st centuries
Scope and Contents This collection contains materials generated and/or collected by Perry County Citizens Against Nuclear Disposal, Inc. (PC-CAND). This collection should be of interest to those researching any aspect of nuclear waste disposal.
Dates: circa 1969-1987
- Letter. 8
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 7
- Photographs. 7
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 6
- Postcards. 6
- Programs (Publications). 5
- Albums (Books). 4
- Hattiesburg (Miss.) -- Social Life and customs. 4
- Memorabilia. 4
- Records (Documents). 4
- World War, 1939-1945. 4
- Brochures. 3
- Certificates. 3
- Clubs. 3
- Financial documents. 3
- Fliers (Ephemera). 3
- Mississippi. 3
- Newspapers. 3
- Periodicals. 3 ∧ less
- Hattiesburg High School. 2
- Allain, Bill, 59th Governor of Mississippi (William Alexander), 1928-2013 1
- Cochran, Thad, Senator, 1937- 1
- Colmer, William Meyers, Congressman, 1890-1980 1
- Dent 1
- Forrest County General Hospital (Hattiesburg, Miss.).. Forrest General Hospital. Forrest General Medical Center (1952-) 1
- Gandy, Evelyn, 26th Lieutenant Governor of Mississippi (Edythe Evelyn), 1920-2007 1
- H. Weston Lumber Co. (Logtown, Miss.) 1
- Hannegan, Norbert V., Cpl., circa 1909-1968 1
- Hattiesburg (Miss.) Public Schools. 1
- Hester, Catherine Adeline Crowell, First Lieutenant, 1919-2014 1
- Kyker, Fannie LaVelle “Goodie”, 1926-2009 1
- L.N. Dantzler Lumber Co. (Moss Point, Miss.) (1888-1966) 1
- Lott, Trent, Senator, 1941- 1
- McCarty, Kenneth Graham, 1935-2019 1
- Methodist Hospital (Hattiesburg, Miss.) 1
- Perry County Citizens Against Nuclear Disposal (Miss.). PC-CAND 1
- Ron and Elizabeth Howard 1
- Sierra Club (1892-) 1
- Stennis, John C., Senator (John Cornelius), 1901-1995 1 ∧ less