Showing Collections: 1 - 14 of 14
Victoria Gray Adams Papers
Materials relating to her life-time of civil rights and human rights activities.
William T. Brannon Papers
In 1971, William Brannon donated materials to the University of Southern Mississippi Archives. The collection largely consists of magazines, manuscripts, and correspondence related to the writer’s career as both a staff and freelance writer whose work appeared in many publications.
William M. Colmer Papers
Charles Davis Papers
Materials documenting activities of African-American political activist in Hattiesburg,
Charles F. Heartman Papers
J. Brackin Kirkland Papers
Correspondence, speeches, reports, publications, clippings, photographs, genealogical materials relating to Mississippi-born educator in New York and Alabama and with the Boys Clubs of America.
Fannie Kyker Collection
Post cards, correspondence, printed items, photos, and other memorabilia collected by this long time Hattiesburg resident.
Charles A. Marx Papers
Correspondence, reports, files, magazines documenting his career with the Mississippi Highway Patrol and as an attorney.
Nydegger Family Papers
Correspondence, photographs, memorabilia, genealogical materials.
Abner & Ida Chambers Polk Family Papers
A collection of correspondence, estate documents, certificates, newsletters, genealogical materials and other items pertaining to the families of Abner Polk and his wife, Ida Chambers Polk. Abner Polk was born in Lawrence County, Mississippi in 1860, and Ida Chambers was born in Washington County, Alabama in 1867. Abner and Ida were married on February 13, 1890, and lived in Marion County, Mississippi until approximately 1898, when they moved to Hattiesburg.
James A. Riley Collection of Mississippi Documents, Newspapers, and Letters
Large collection of books, printed material, and memorabilia related to Mississippi and other subjects.
Emma Lou Roberts Papers
Pamphlets and programs from various Hattiesburg area activities, certificates and correspondence from the Office of Price Administration, and war bonds and ration books.
Tatum Family Business Records
The Tatum family were prominent owners of businesses and land in and around the Hattiesburg, Mississippi area beginning in 1893 with the establishment of their first lumber mill. The collection contains financial records, personal papers, photographs, blueprints, newspaper articles, maps and artifacts of the Tatum family’s business dealings as well as local Hattiesburg history, including W. S. F. Tatum’s mayoral term from 1922 to 1924 and again from 1928 to 1936.
Roy M. Wheat Papers
Correspondence, video, other materials documenting the life and early death in the Vietnam War of this Congressional Medal of Honor winner.
- Certificates. 13
- Letter. 13
- Photographs. 11
- Records (Documents). 11
- Brochures. 9
- Memorabilia. 9
- Legal forms. 8
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 7
- Periodicals. 7
- Programs (Publications). 7
- Clubs. 6
- Fliers (Ephemera). 6
- Biographies. 5
- Diplomas. 5
- Essay. 5
- Greeting cards. 5
- Invitation cards. 5
- Political campaigns. 5 + ∧ less
- Adams, Victoria Gray, 1926-2006 1
- Association of American Railroads. AAR (1934-) 1
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 1
- Bonhomie & Hattiesburg Southern Railroad Company. B & HS (1923-1953) 1
- Brannon, W. T. (William Tibbetts), 1906-1981 1
- Colmer, William Meyers, Congressman, 1890-1980 1
- Dahmer, Vernon Ferdinand, 1908-1966 1
- Davis, Charles L., 1943-2016 1
- Fernwood, Columbia, and Gulf (Railroad). FC&G (1920-1972) 1
- Gulf, Mobile and Ohio Railroad Company. GM & O (1938-1972) 1
- Hattiesburg High School. 1
- Heartman, Charles F. (Charles Frederick), 1883-1953 1
- Kentucky and Tennessee Railway. K&T (1902-1904) 1
- Kyker, Fannie LaVelle “Goodie”, 1926-2009 1
- Marx, Charles Alvin, Dr., 1932- 1
- Riley, James A. 1
- Southern Railroad Company (1894–1990) 1
- Tatum Family 1
- Tatum Lumber Company (1897-1938) 1
- Tatum, Frank Murry (F. M.), 1895-1987 1 + ∧ less