Showing Collections: 1 - 11 of 11
Dr. John Calvin Berry Papers
This collection contains correspondence, photographs, and other memorabilia relating to the life and career of Dr. John Calvin Berry, the first African American faculty member at the University of Southern Mississippi.
Will D. Campbell Papers
Literary manuscripts and office files of this Mississippi born author and Civil Rights activist.
Edythe Evelyn Gandy Personal Collection
The Edythe Evelyn Gandy Personal Collection contains Gandy family materials, historical manuscript materials, photographs, and correspondence.
Legacy of Dr. Joseph A. Greene, founding Dean of the College of Business and Economic Development
Paul B. Johnson Family Papers
Ronald C. "Ronnie" Shows Papers
This collection is comprised of materials that document various aspects of Ronnie Shows' service as a United States Congressman from Mississippi's Fourth District (1998-2002). This collection should be of interest to anyone researching government at the national level.
Henry and Sue [Lorenzi] Sojourner Civil Rights Movement Collection
The Henry and Sue [Lorenzi] Sojourner Civil Rights Movement Collection contains a vast array of materials from during and after the [Lorenzi] Sojourner’s time in Holmes County, Mississippi, during the Freedom Summer of 1964. This collection would be of interest to researchers studying the Civil Rights Movement, Mississippi history, and Freedom Summer.
Daisy Harris Wade Papers
Materials documenting the work of 1960s Forrest County N.A.A.C.P. leaders J.C. Fairley and Daisy Harris.
J. Fred Walker Papers
Documentation of the life and career of USM professor of biological sciences.
William Arthur Winstead Papers
The William Arthur Winstead Papers include scrapbooks, newspaper reports, proposed legislation, and other miscellaneous records concerning Rep. William Arthur Winstead, who served in the United States’ House of Representatives from 1943-1965. This collection would be of particular interest to researchers studying twentieth-century political history, Mississippi politicians, University of Southern Mississippi alumnae, and the Civil Rights Movement.
Thomas Daniel Young Papers
This collection contains correspondence, research materials, drafts, and lectures by the author or editor of a dozen books about Southern literature.
- Letter. 10
- Periodicals. 10
- Programs (Publications). 7
- Awards. 5
- Brochures. 5
- Civil rights. 4
- Greeting cards. 4
- Memorabilia. 4
- Mississippi -- Politics and government -- 1951- 4
- Politicians -- Mississippi. 4
- University of Southern Mississippi -- Faculty. 4
- University of Southern Mississippi -- Students. 4
- Calendar. 3
- Compact discs. 3
- Essay. 3 + ∧ less
- Johnson, Paul B., Jr., Governor (Paul Burney), 1916-1985 2
- Barnett, Ross R., 53rd Governor of Mississippi (Ross Robert), 1898-1987 1
- Berry, John Calvin, Dr., 1925-2013 1
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 1
- Bishop, John Peale, 1892-1944 1
- Campbell, Will D., 1924-2003 1
- Clayton, Al, 1934-2014 1
- Colmer, William Meyers, Congressman, 1890-1980 1
- Committee of Southern Churchmen. 1
- Cowley, Malcolm, 1898-1989 1
- Davidson, Donald, 1893-1968 1
- Evers, Medgar Wiley, 1925-1963 1
- Gandy, Evelyn, 26th Lieutenant Governor of Mississippi (Edythe Evelyn), 1920-2007 1
- Johnson, Dorothy (Dot) Power 1
- Johnson, Paul B., Sr., Governor (Paul Burney), 1880-1943 1
- Kennard, Clyde, 1927-1963 1
- King, Martin Luther, Jr., 1929-1968 1
- Lanier, Sidney, 1842-1881 1
- Lorenzi, Henry ([Lorenzi] Sojourner), -1982 1
- Lytle, Andrew Nelson, 1902-1995 1 + ∧ less