Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 10
Victoria Gray Adams Papers
Materials relating to her life-time of civil rights and human rights activities.
Dr. John Calvin Berry Papers
This collection contains correspondence, photographs, and other memorabilia relating to the life and career of Dr. John Calvin Berry, the first African American faculty member at the University of Southern Mississippi.
Charles Davis Papers
Materials documenting activities of African-American political activist in Hattiesburg,
Glenda Funchess Civil Rights Collection
Materials related to Freedom Summer 1964.
Dr. John E. Gonzales Papers
This collection contains historical materials and various publications.
Oseola McCarty Collection
In 1995 Miss Oseola McCarty, an African American laundress, donated the bulk of her life’s savings, $150,000, to The University of Southern Mississippi to provide scholarships for deserving students. This collection documents her generous act and the multitude of honors and awards presented to her in the ensuing years.
Selby Parker Collection
The Selby Parker collection consists of one essay, a typescript, and miscellaneous articles written by and pertaining to the Mississippi author and former Youth Court Counselor of Hattiesburg, Mississippi. This collection is of particular interest to researchers studying the 1960s Civil Rights Movement, Mississippi authors and journalists, the University of Southern Mississippi, and local Hattiesburg history.
George Thomas Preer Papers
James A. Riley Collection of Mississippi Documents, Newspapers, and Letters
Large collection of books, printed material, and memorabilia related to Mississippi and other subjects.
Lawrence D. Spears Civil Rights Collection
Materials about the assault of civil rights workers Lawrence Spears, David Owen, and Rabbi Arthur Lelyveld in Hattiesburg, Mississippi on July 10, 1964.
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 9
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 8
- Records (Documents). 8
- Photographs. 7
- Certificates. 6
- Programs (Publications). 6
- Brochures. 5
- Financial documents. 5
- Periodicals. 5
- University of Southern Mississippi. 5
- Civil rights. 4
- Newsletters. 4
- African Americans. 3
- Awards. 3
- Books. 3
- Calendar. 3
- Civil rights workers -- Mississippi. 3
- Diaries. 3 + ∧ less
- Adams, Victoria Gray, 1926-2006 1
- Association of American Railroads. AAR (1934-) 1
- Berry, John Calvin, Dr., 1925-2013 1
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 1
- Cook, R.C., Dr., 4th President of Mississippi Southern College (now the University of Southern Mississippi) (Robert Cecil), 1903-1979 1
- Dahmer, Vernon Ferdinand, 1908-1966 1
- Davis, Charles L., 1943-2016 1
- Fernwood, Columbia, and Gulf (Railroad). FC&G (1920-1972) 1
- Foote, Henry S. (Henry Stuart), Governor, 1804-1880 1
- Funchess, Glenda, 1954- 1
- Gonzales,, John Edmond, Dr., 1924-2004 1
- Gulf, Mobile and Ohio Railroad Company. GM & O (1938-1972) 1
- Hattiesburg High School. 1
- Kentucky and Tennessee Railway. K&T (1902-1904) 1
- Lelyveld, Arthur J., Rabbi, 1913-1996 1
- Lucas, Aubrey K., Dr., 6th President and current President Emeritus of the University of Southern Mississippi (Aubrey Keith) 1
- McCain, William D., Dr., 5th President of Mississippi Southern College (now the University of Southern Mississippi) (William David), 1907-1993 1
- McCarty, Oseola, 1908-1999 1
- McLemore, Richard Aubrey, Dr., 1903-1976 1
- Mississippi. Department of Archives and History. MDAH 1 + ∧ less