Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
Materials relating to her life-time of civil rights and human rights activities.
Materials from Cherry Burns’ world travels.
Materials documenting activities of African-American political activist in Hattiesburg,
This collection contains historical materials and various publications.
In 1995 Miss Oseola McCarty, an African American laundress, donated the bulk of her life’s savings, $150,000, to The University of Southern Mississippi to provide scholarships for deserving students. This collection documents her generous act and the multitude of honors and awards presented to her in the ensuing years.
Large collection of books, printed material, and memorabilia related to Mississippi and other subjects.
Materials cover the feminist movement, a farm co-op, and Sue’s artistic endeavors.
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 8
- Records (Documents). 8
- Periodicals. 7
- Books. 6
- Financial documents. 6
- Manuscript. 6
- Programs (Publications). 6
- Certificates. 5
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 5
- Memorabilia. 5
- Newsletters. 5
- Postcards. 5
- Posters. 5
- Diaries. 4
- Fliers (Ephemera). 4
- Legal forms. 4 ∧ less
- Adams, Victoria Gray, 1926-2006 1
- Association of American Railroads. AAR (1934-) 1
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 1
- Bishop, John Peale, 1892-1944 1
- Burns , Cherry Lou Fellner , 1926- 1
- Cook, R.C., Dr., 4th President of Mississippi Southern College (now the University of Southern Mississippi) (Robert Cecil), 1903-1979 1
- Cowley, Malcolm, 1898-1989 1
- Dahmer, Vernon Ferdinand, 1908-1966 1
- Davidson, Donald, 1893-1968 1
- Davis, Charles L., 1943-2016 1
- Fernwood, Columbia, and Gulf (Railroad). FC&G (1920-1972) 1
- Foote, Henry S. (Henry Stuart), Governor, 1804-1880 1
- Gonzales,, John Edmond, Dr., 1924-2004 1
- Gulf, Mobile and Ohio Railroad Company. GM & O (1938-1972) 1
- Hattiesburg High School. 1
- Heartman, Charles F. (Charles Frederick), 1883-1953 1
- Kentucky and Tennessee Railway. K&T (1902-1904) 1
- Lanier, Sidney, 1842-1881 1
- Lucas, Aubrey K., Dr., 6th President and current President Emeritus of the University of Southern Mississippi (Aubrey Keith) 1
- Lytle, Andrew Nelson, 1902-1995 1 ∧ less