Showing Collections: 1 - 15 of 15
This collection contains photographs, slides, postcards, and memoirs of Mississippi.
This collection contains correspondence, photographs, and other memorabilia relating to the life and career of Dr. John Calvin Berry, the first African American faculty member at the University of Southern Mississippi.
Materials related to Freedom Summer 1964.
This collection contains historical materials and various publications.
Typescripts of compositions by Dr. Rosewell G. Loweey, Dean of Men and director of Student Welfare at The University of Southern Mississippi. Also included is a small booklet of poems by his brother, Vernon Booth Lowrey.
Correspondence, reports, files, magazines documenting his career with the Mississippi Highway Patrol and as an attorney.
In 1995 Miss Oseola McCarty, an African American laundress, donated the bulk of her life’s savings, $150,000, to The University of Southern Mississippi to provide scholarships for deserving students. This collection documents her generous act and the multitude of honors and awards presented to her in the ensuing years.
The Selby Parker collection consists of one essay, a typescript, and miscellaneous articles written by and pertaining to the Mississippi author and former Youth Court Counselor of Hattiesburg, Mississippi. This collection is of particular interest to researchers studying the 1960s Civil Rights Movement, Mississippi authors and journalists, the University of Southern Mississippi, and local Hattiesburg history.
In 1999, English professor Noel Polk left to McCain Library and Archives many documents, namely correspondence related to his work as an English professor and researcher. Topics such as academia, William Faulkner, Eudora Welty, southern literature, and Natchez before 1830 are covered.
Large collection of books, printed material, and memorabilia related to Mississippi and other subjects.
Publications and professional papers reflecting the 23-year career of USM professor of political science.
This collection contains correspondence, research materials, drafts, and lectures by the author or editor of a dozen books about Southern literature.
- Photographs. 11
- Records (Documents). 11
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 10
- Letter. 10
- University of Southern Mississippi -- Faculty. 8
- University of Southern Mississippi. 8
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 7
- Brochures. 6
- Certificates. 6
- Manuscript. 6
- Periodicals. 6
- Programs (Publications). 6
- Financial documents. 5
- Newsletters. 5
- Résumés (Employment). 5
- Books. 4
- Postcards. 4
- Awards. 3
- Biographies. 3 ∧ less
- Association of American Railroads. AAR (1934-) 1
- Balfour, Jeff Edward, 1922-2006 1
- Berry, John Calvin, Dr., 1925-2013 1
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 1
- Bishop, John Peale, 1892-1944 1
- Cook, R.C., Dr., 4th President of Mississippi Southern College (now the University of Southern Mississippi) (Robert Cecil), 1903-1979 1
- Cowley, Malcolm, 1898-1989 1
- Davidson, Donald, 1893-1968 1
- Dixie Darlings (Dance team). (1954-) 1
- Faulkner, William, 1897-1962 1
- Fernwood, Columbia, and Gulf (Railroad). FC&G (1920-1972) 1
- Foote, Henry S. (Henry Stuart), Governor, 1804-1880 1
- Funchess, Glenda, 1954- 1
- Gonzales,, John Edmond, Dr., 1924-2004 1
- Gulf, Mobile and Ohio Railroad Company. GM & O (1938-1972) 1
- Kentucky and Tennessee Railway. K&T (1902-1904) 1
- Lanier, Sidney, 1842-1881 1
- Lowrey, Mark Perrin, Brigadier General, 1828-1885 1
- Lowrey, Rosewell Graves (R.G.), 1895-1979 1
- Lowrey, Vernon Booth, 1893-1978 1 ∧ less