Showing Collections: 1 - 12 of 12
Charles Davis Papers
Materials documenting activities of African-American political activist in Hattiesburg,
Dixie Darlings Alumnae Association Historical Collection
Photographs, news clippings, programs, uniforms, and memorabilia related to The Dixie Darlings Alumnae Association.
Dr. John E. Gonzales Papers
This collection contains historical materials and various publications.
Paul B. Johnson Family Papers
Charles A. Marx Papers
Correspondence, reports, files, magazines documenting his career with the Mississippi Highway Patrol and as an attorney.
Oseola McCarty Collection
In 1995 Miss Oseola McCarty, an African American laundress, donated the bulk of her life’s savings, $150,000, to The University of Southern Mississippi to provide scholarships for deserving students. This collection documents her generous act and the multitude of honors and awards presented to her in the ensuing years.
Jessie Morrison Collection
Materials in this collection span more than a century of activities relating to Jessie Morrison and her family. Most of the materials have been photocopied, due to water and insect damage.
Rotary Club District 6840 Records
Organizational records of district encompassing the southern third of Mississippi and southeastern Louisiana.
Henry and Sue [Lorenzi] Sojourner Civil Rights Movement Collection
The Henry and Sue [Lorenzi] Sojourner Civil Rights Movement Collection contains a vast array of materials from during and after the [Lorenzi] Sojourner’s time in Holmes County, Mississippi, during the Freedom Summer of 1964. This collection would be of interest to researchers studying the Civil Rights Movement, Mississippi history, and Freedom Summer.
Stovall Family Collection
The Stovall Family Association records and research material.
Sullivan-Kilrain Fight Collection
This collection should be of interest to students of history, as well as local history buffs. While accounts of the fight differ on minor points such as the color of the fighters' trunks, what they ate for breakfast, and what they drank between rounds, they are in agreement on such major issues as events leading up to the fight, length of the fight, round by round descriptions, and of course, the outcome -- the Great John L. remained heavyweight champion of the world.
Tatum Family Business Records
The Tatum family were prominent owners of businesses and land in and around the Hattiesburg, Mississippi area beginning in 1893 with the establishment of their first lumber mill. The collection contains financial records, personal papers, photographs, blueprints, newspaper articles, maps and artifacts of the Tatum family’s business dealings as well as local Hattiesburg history, including W. S. F. Tatum’s mayoral term from 1922 to 1924 and again from 1928 to 1936.
- Letter. 11
- Photographs. 11
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 10
- Records (Documents). 10
- Memorabilia. 8
- Newsletters. 7
- Books. 6
- Clubs. 6
- Legal forms. 6
- Periodicals. 6
- Programs (Publications). 6
- Brochures. 5
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 5
- Legal instruments. 5
- Postcards. 5
- Essay. 4
- Invitation cards. 4
- Legal case and case notes. 4 + ∧ less
- Bishop, Don 1
- Bonhomie & Hattiesburg Southern Railroad Company. B & HS (1923-1953) 1
- Bufkin , William A. (William Alfred ), 1934- 1
- Cook, R.C., Dr., 4th President of Mississippi Southern College (now the University of Southern Mississippi) (Robert Cecil), 1903-1979 1
- Dahmer, Vernon Ferdinand, 1908-1966 1
- Davis, Charles L., 1943-2016 1
- Dixie Darlings (Dance team). (1954-) 1
- Foote, Henry S. (Henry Stuart), Governor, 1804-1880 1
- Gillespie, Sarah E. 1
- Gonzales,, John Edmond, Dr., 1924-2004 1
- Hattiesburg High School. 1
- Johnson, Dorothy (Dot) Power 1
- Johnson, Paul B., Jr., Governor (Paul Burney), 1916-1985 1
- Johnson, Paul B., Sr., Governor (Paul Burney), 1880-1943 1
- Lorenzi, Henry ([Lorenzi] Sojourner), -1982 1
- Lucas, Aubrey K., Dr., 6th President and current President Emeritus of the University of Southern Mississippi (Aubrey Keith) 1
- Marx, Charles Alvin, Dr., 1932- 1
- McCain, William D., Dr., 5th President of Mississippi Southern College (now the University of Southern Mississippi) (William David), 1907-1993 1
- McCarty, Oseola, 1908-1999 1
- McLemore, Richard Aubrey, Dr., 1903-1976 1 + ∧ less