Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Correspondence, reports, files, magazines documenting his career with the Mississippi Highway Patrol and as an attorney.
In 1995 Miss Oseola McCarty, an African American laundress, donated the bulk of her life’s savings, $150,000, to The University of Southern Mississippi to provide scholarships for deserving students. This collection documents her generous act and the multitude of honors and awards presented to her in the ensuing years.
Correspondence, photographs, memorabilia, genealogical materials.
Genealogy research materials.
Large collection of books, printed material, and memorabilia related to Mississippi and other subjects.
The Tatum family were prominent owners of businesses and land in and around the Hattiesburg, Mississippi area beginning in 1893 with the establishment of their first lumber mill. The collection contains financial records, personal papers, photographs, blueprints, newspaper articles, maps and artifacts of the Tatum family’s business dealings as well as local Hattiesburg history, including W. S. F. Tatum’s mayoral term from 1922 to 1924 and again from 1928 to 1936.
- Certificates. 5
- Photographs. 5
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 4
- Books. 3
- Brochures. 3
- Calendar. 3
- Essay. 3
- Greeting cards. 3
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 3
- Periodicals. 3
- University of Southern Mississippi -- Faculty. 3
- University of Southern Mississippi. 3
- Wills. 3
- Awards. 2
- Clubs. 2
- Court decisions and opinions. 2 ∧ less
- Association of American Railroads. AAR (1934-) 1
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 1
- Bonhomie & Hattiesburg Southern Railroad Company. B & HS (1923-1953) 1
- Fernwood, Columbia, and Gulf (Railroad). FC&G (1920-1972) 1
- Gulf, Mobile and Ohio Railroad Company. GM & O (1938-1972) 1
- Kentucky and Tennessee Railway. K&T (1902-1904) 1
- Marx, Charles Alvin, Dr., 1932- 1
- McCarty, Oseola, 1908-1999 1
- Puckett, Jonathan Gabriel Marvin 1
- Riley, James A. 1
- Southern Railroad Company (1894–1990) 1
- Tatum Family 1
- Tatum Lumber Company (1897-1938) 1
- Tatum, Frank Murry (F. M.), 1895-1987 1
- Tatum, West O’Neal (W. O.), 1882-1958 1
- Tatum, Willie Sion Franklin (W. S. F.), 1858-1949 1
- Wallace, George C., Governor of Alabama (George Corley), 1919-1998 1 ∧ less