Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 10
Dr. John Calvin Berry Papers
This collection contains correspondence, photographs, and other memorabilia relating to the life and career of Dr. John Calvin Berry, the first African American faculty member at the University of Southern Mississippi.
Legacy of Dr. Joseph A. Greene, founding Dean of the College of Business and Economic Development
Charles A. Marx Papers
Correspondence, reports, files, magazines documenting his career with the Mississippi Highway Patrol and as an attorney.
Oseola McCarty Collection
In 1995 Miss Oseola McCarty, an African American laundress, donated the bulk of her life’s savings, $150,000, to The University of Southern Mississippi to provide scholarships for deserving students. This collection documents her generous act and the multitude of honors and awards presented to her in the ensuing years.
Nydegger Family Papers
Correspondence, photographs, memorabilia, genealogical materials.
Powell G. Ogletree Papers
This collection contains materials related to Powell Ogletree.
Noel Polk Collection
In 1999, English professor Noel Polk left to McCain Library and Archives many documents, namely correspondence related to his work as an English professor and researcher. Topics such as academia, William Faulkner, Eudora Welty, southern literature, and Natchez before 1830 are covered.
Jonathan Puckett Research Collection
Genealogy research materials.
James A. Riley Collection of Mississippi Documents, Newspapers, and Letters
Large collection of books, printed material, and memorabilia related to Mississippi and other subjects.
Tatum Family Business Records
The Tatum family were prominent owners of businesses and land in and around the Hattiesburg, Mississippi area beginning in 1893 with the establishment of their first lumber mill. The collection contains financial records, personal papers, photographs, blueprints, newspaper articles, maps and artifacts of the Tatum family’s business dealings as well as local Hattiesburg history, including W. S. F. Tatum’s mayoral term from 1922 to 1924 and again from 1928 to 1936.
- Certificates. 9
- Photographs. 9
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 8
- Memorabilia. 8
- Financial documents. 6
- Periodicals. 6
- University of Southern Mississippi -- Faculty. 6
- University of Southern Mississippi. 6
- Awards. 5
- Essay. 5
- Greeting cards. 5
- Programs (Publications). 5
- Brochures. 4
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 4
- Newsletters. 4
- Résumés (Employment). 4
- Speech. 4
- Books. 3 + ∧ less
- Association of American Railroads. AAR (1934-) 1
- Berry, John Calvin, Dr., 1925-2013 1
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 1
- Bonhomie & Hattiesburg Southern Railroad Company. B & HS (1923-1953) 1
- Faulkner, William, 1897-1962 1
- Fernwood, Columbia, and Gulf (Railroad). FC&G (1920-1972) 1
- Gulf, Mobile and Ohio Railroad Company. GM & O (1938-1972) 1
- Kentucky and Tennessee Railway. K&T (1902-1904) 1
- Marx, Charles Alvin, Dr., 1932- 1
- McCarty, Oseola, 1908-1999 1
- Ogletree, Powell G. 1
- Polk, Noel, 1943-2012 1
- Puckett, Jonathan Gabriel Marvin 1
- Riley, James A. 1
- Rotary Club of Hattiesburg (Hattiesburg, Miss.) (1918-) 1
- Rotary District 6840 1
- Southern Railroad Company (1894–1990) 1
- Tatum Family 1
- Tatum Lumber Company (1897-1938) 1
- Tatum, Frank Murry (F. M.), 1895-1987 1 + ∧ less