Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
Materials relating to her life-time of civil rights and human rights activities.
This collection contains correspondence, photographs, and other memorabilia relating to the life and career of Dr. John Calvin Berry, the first African American faculty member at the University of Southern Mississippi.
Materials documenting activities of African-American political activist in Hattiesburg,
Items relating to Dent family, also includes surnames Gunn, McLeod, and Pickering. Contains a selection of very early 1900 postcards, mostly of Mississippi Gulf Coast.
Post cards, correspondence, printed items, photos, and other memorabilia collected by this long time Hattiesburg resident.
In 1995 Miss Oseola McCarty, an African American laundress, donated the bulk of her life’s savings, $150,000, to The University of Southern Mississippi to provide scholarships for deserving students. This collection documents her generous act and the multitude of honors and awards presented to her in the ensuing years.
Memorabilia from Hattiesburg, the Demonstration School, Mississippi Normal College, State Teachers College, and The University of Mississippi.
Large collection of books, printed material, and memorabilia related to Mississippi and other subjects.
- Photographs. 8
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 7
- Diplomas. 6
- Financial documents. 6
- Memorabilia. 6
- Brochures. 5
- Essay. 5
- Periodicals. 5
- Records (Documents). 5
- University of Southern Mississippi. 5
- Awards. 4
- Fliers (Ephemera). 4
- Greeting cards. 4
- Legal forms. 4
- Political campaigns. 4
- Postcards. 4 + ∧ less
- Hattiesburg High School. 2
- Adams, Victoria Gray, 1926-2006 1
- Association of American Railroads. AAR (1934-) 1
- Berry, John Calvin, Dr., 1925-2013 1
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 1
- Dahmer, Vernon Ferdinand, 1908-1966 1
- Davis, Charles L., 1943-2016 1
- Demonstration School (Hattiesburg, Miss.) (1926-1963) 1
- Dent 1
- Fernwood, Columbia, and Gulf (Railroad). FC&G (1920-1972) 1
- Gulf, Mobile and Ohio Railroad Company. GM & O (1938-1972) 1
- Kentucky and Tennessee Railway. K&T (1902-1904) 1
- Kyker, Fannie LaVelle “Goodie”, 1926-2009 1
- McCarty, Oseola, 1908-1999 1
- Pope, Moran McLelland, Jr., 1922-2017 1
- Riley, James A. 1
- Southern Railroad Company (1894–1990) 1
- University of Southern Mississippi Foundation. (1959-) 1
- University of Southern Mississippi. Alumni Association. 1
- Wallace, George C., Governor of Alabama (George Corley), 1919-1998 1 + ∧ less