Showing Collections: 31 - 60 of 373
Family photographs and materials documenting the Civil Rights Movement in Mississippi.
A letter of January 9, 1829, from Gerard C. Brandon, governor of Mississippi, to John Murphy, governor of Alabama, requesting an answer to a letter of the preceding October. Brandon had written Murphy concerning unsettled accounts between Alabama and Mississippi. Brandon had sent Murphy a proposal on which he wanted Murphy's approval so that Brandon could present it to the Mississippi legislature then in session.
In 1971, William Brannon donated materials to the University of Southern Mississippi Archives. The collection largely consists of magazines, manuscripts, and correspondence related to the writer’s career as both a staff and freelance writer whose work appeared in many publications.
Materials from the 103d Infantry Division during WWII, reunion materials and Harold Branton's book, 103rd Infantry Division: "the trail of the cactus".
The Katherine Brown collection is a fascinating group of documents that shed light on the “Bootstrap” program at the University of Southern Mississippi.
Materials from Cherry Burns’ world travels.
Original and photocopies of letters predominately between Mary E. and Andrew Burwell. A handful of letters are to Andrew’s family. Also in the collection are a photocopy of a lock of hair and poems.
Correspondence, copied newspaper clippings, and other materials pertaining to activates of the Business and Professional Women’s Club.
Research materials used by historian in her book The Free State of Jones.
Letters, campaign material, speeches related to candidacy of Byrd for Governor of Mississippi.
Eugene V. Cameron served aboard the U.S.S. Biloxi during his tenure in the U.S. Navy during World War II. The U.S.S. Biloxi was commissioned in 1943 and served in the Pacific Ocean. The ship was decommissioned in 1946.
The collection contains correspondence and photographs from Camp McCain.
Photographs, newspaper clippings, postcards, correspondence relating to history of Camp Shelby, an armed forces training camp located near Hattiesburg, Mississippi.
Literary manuscripts and office files of this Mississippi born author and Civil Rights activist.
Family letters and deeds of land in Noxubee County, Mississippi.
This collection contains publications, correspondence, numerical systems, and miscellaneous subjects pertaining to poet, Henry Tim Chambers.
Family letters, genealogy, and history of Clinton, Mississippi.
This collection is a compilation of various materials relating to the Civil Rights Movement in the South.
Scrapbooks, photographs, and Air Force Manuals from Mississippi Gulf Coast resident.
The Lonette Bryant Cliburn Papers consist of early twentieth-century documents, letters, and photographs that pertain to the Henry-Rowell-Waldrup and related families of Jasper County, Mississippi. This collection is of particular interest to researchers studying traditional farming in Mississippi, World War I correspondence, women’s roles in the early twentieth century, William Carey University, University of Southern Mississippi, and local Hattiesburg history.
Office files for Sam & Gwen Clinton.
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 159
- Photographs. 156
- Records (Documents). 155
- Financial documents. 72
- Programs (Publications). 61
- Memorabilia. 60
- Newsletters. 59
- Albums (Books). 56
- Periodicals. 56
- Brochures. 49
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 49
- Personal narratives. 47
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 46
- Manuscript. 45
- Clubs. 42
- Civil rights. 39
- Speech. 38
- Books. 34
- Postcards. 33 ∧ less
- French 1
- German 1
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 5
- Dahmer, Vernon Ferdinand, 1908-1966 4
- De La Beckwith, Byron, Jr., 1920-2001 4
- Gandy, Evelyn, 26th Lieutenant Governor of Mississippi (Edythe Evelyn), 1920-2007 4
- Hattiesburg High School. 4
- Stennis, John C., Senator (John Cornelius), 1901-1995 4
- 103d Infantry Division Association of World War II. 3
- Adams, Victoria Gray, 1926-2006 3
- Davis, Jefferson, President of the Confederate States of America, 1808-1889 3
- Evers, Medgar Wiley, 1925-1963 3
- Fike, Claude E., Dr., University Archivist and Director of McCain Library & Archives; Dean of the College of Arts, 1920-1994 3
- Keesler Army Airfield (Miss.) 3
- Lucas, Aubrey K., Dr., 6th President and current President Emeritus of the University of Southern Mississippi (Aubrey Keith) 3
- McCain, William D., Dr., 5th President of Mississippi Southern College (now the University of Southern Mississippi) (William David), 1907-1993 3
- The Hattiesburg American (Miss.) (1897-) 3
- Ashmore, Ann Mulloy 2
- Association of American Railroads. AAR (1934-) 2
- Barnett, Ross R., 53rd Governor of Mississippi (Ross Robert), 1898-1987 2
- Beauregard, G. T., Brigadier General, 1818-1893 (Gustave Toutant) 2
- Ben-Ami, David Z., Rabbi, 1924-2008 2 ∧ less