Showing Collections: 241 - 270 of 373
This collection contains materials generated and/or collected by Perry County Citizens Against Nuclear Disposal, Inc. (PC-CAND). This collection should be of interest to those researching any aspect of nuclear waste disposal.
Correspondence, photographs, memorabilia, genealogical materials.
This collection contains materials related to Powell Ogletree.
The majority of the collection centers around Jeremiah Joseph "Jerry" O'Keefe and his political career.
Other materials include: photo album & scrapbook of Mary Cahill O'Keefe; photo album of Teresa Slattery O'Keefe; Jerry O'Keefe Legislative scrapbook; Jerry O'Keefe Political Career scrapbooks (2); Collected newspapers re Biloxi Mayor Hart Chinn and John A. O'Keefe, his successor; various plaques, awards, and proclamations.
This collection includes records of Orpheus Club activities from 1926 to 1986.
This collection contains materials (correspondence, working papers, reports, publications) primarily concerned with educational surveys and evaluation of public school districts in Mississippi.
The Selby Parker collection consists of one essay, a typescript, and miscellaneous articles written by and pertaining to the Mississippi author and former Youth Court Counselor of Hattiesburg, Mississippi. This collection is of particular interest to researchers studying the 1960s Civil Rights Movement, Mississippi authors and journalists, the University of Southern Mississippi, and local Hattiesburg history.
Parliamentarians' Records - Theta Unit, Mississippi Division of the National Association of Parliamentarians
This collection contains historical materials, children’s books, and various magazines.
The Pickering Family Papers contain genealogical research materials and family charts, books and journals, maps, and manuscript materials.
Family correspondence of Confederate soldier in Company "F"/"Marion's Men."
A collection of correspondence, estate documents, certificates, newsletters, genealogical materials and other items pertaining to the families of Abner Polk and his wife, Ida Chambers Polk. Abner Polk was born in Lawrence County, Mississippi in 1860, and Ida Chambers was born in Washington County, Alabama in 1867. Abner and Ida were married on February 13, 1890, and lived in Marion County, Mississippi until approximately 1898, when they moved to Hattiesburg.
In 1999, English professor Noel Polk left to McCain Library and Archives many documents, namely correspondence related to his work as an English professor and researcher. Topics such as academia, William Faulkner, Eudora Welty, southern literature, and Natchez before 1830 are covered.
Memorabilia from Hattiesburg, the Demonstration School, Mississippi Normal College, State Teachers College, and The University of Mississippi.
The collection documents her literary interests, correspondence, and media related to Mississippi literature.
The collection includes various items related to Anita Prados’ time as a student at Mississippi Normal College (now known as the University of Southern Mississippi) from 1914 to 1915, including an “Application for Advance College Credits” from 1922.
This collection contains correspondence, photographs, and information about the Keesler family.
In 1989, Peggy Prenshaw donated materials to the University of Southern Mississippi Archives. The collection largely consists of papers related to her scholarship on Mississippi authors Eudora Welty and Elizabeth Spencer while a professor at USM. Also included are publications about women and women’s studies in academia.
The Betty Press Photographs Collection consists of three CDs of images taken by award-winning photographer Betty Press, which show damage along the Mississippi Gulf Coast and Hattiesburg after Hurricane Katrina. There are also forty-one pages of letters left on a tree felled in the photographer’s yard. This collection is particularly useful for researchers studying Hurricane Katrina, Mississippi storms, and public reactions to natural disasters.
Genealogy research materials.
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 159
- Photographs. 156
- Records (Documents). 155
- Financial documents. 72
- Programs (Publications). 61
- Memorabilia. 60
- Newsletters. 59
- Albums (Books). 56
- Periodicals. 56
- Brochures. 49
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 49
- Personal narratives. 47
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 46
- Manuscript. 45
- Clubs. 42
- Civil rights. 39
- Speech. 38
- Books. 34
- Postcards. 33 ∧ less
- French 1
- German 1
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 5
- Dahmer, Vernon Ferdinand, 1908-1966 4
- De La Beckwith, Byron, Jr., 1920-2001 4
- Gandy, Evelyn, 26th Lieutenant Governor of Mississippi (Edythe Evelyn), 1920-2007 4
- Hattiesburg High School. 4
- Stennis, John C., Senator (John Cornelius), 1901-1995 4
- 103d Infantry Division Association of World War II. 3
- Adams, Victoria Gray, 1926-2006 3
- Davis, Jefferson, President of the Confederate States of America, 1808-1889 3
- Evers, Medgar Wiley, 1925-1963 3
- Fike, Claude E., Dr., University Archivist and Director of McCain Library & Archives; Dean of the College of Arts, 1920-1994 3
- Keesler Army Airfield (Miss.) 3
- Lucas, Aubrey K., Dr., 6th President and current President Emeritus of the University of Southern Mississippi (Aubrey Keith) 3
- McCain, William D., Dr., 5th President of Mississippi Southern College (now the University of Southern Mississippi) (William David), 1907-1993 3
- The Hattiesburg American (Miss.) (1897-) 3
- Ashmore, Ann Mulloy 2
- Association of American Railroads. AAR (1934-) 2
- Barnett, Ross R., 53rd Governor of Mississippi (Ross Robert), 1898-1987 2
- Beauregard, G. T., Brigadier General, 1818-1893 (Gustave Toutant) 2
- Ben-Ami, David Z., Rabbi, 1924-2008 2 ∧ less