Showing Collections: 1 - 24 of 24
Copies of this Ocean Springs Record columnist's "Sous Les Chenes", "Images Under the Oaks" and “Vintage Village Vues” columns, and related research materials.
This collection consists of Dr. Charles C. Bolton’s research materials for his scholarly works.
L.N. Dantzler Lumber Company records.
Materials documenting activities of African-American political activist in Hattiesburg,
Diary, ship's log, memoirs, correspondence, memorabilia concerning his service in the U.S. Navy with the Seventh Fleet near New Guinea.
This collection contains a comprehensive and objective look at the Civil War in Mississippi. Anyone researching this time period in Mississippi's history would find ample information. Students of history and journalism would benefit from the writings of Mr. Fleming.
The bulk of the collection consists of 70 logging railroad maps drawn by Tony Howe. The maps portray railroad operations, timber holdings and other aspects of lumber companies that proliferated in South Mississippi during the latter years of the 19th century and the first half of the 20th century.
Research collection of historian Charles Sullivan for his book "Hurricanes of the Gulf Coast."
The collection contains various paper material such as correspondence, copied newspaper articles, copied photographs, several publications, and material on President Jimmy Carter’s inauguration.
Maps, reports, etc. documenting the Mississippi Renewal Forum and efforts towards recovery, rebuilding and renewal of the Mississippi Gulf Coast after Hurricane Katrina.
Materials pertaining to the proposed Mississippi Superconducting Super Collider project.
This collection contains materials generated and/or collected by Perry County Citizens Against Nuclear Disposal, Inc. (PC-CAND). This collection should be of interest to those researching any aspect of nuclear waste disposal.
The James Earl Price Mississippi History Collection is comprised of diverse materials and subject matter.
Large collection of books, printed material, and memorabilia related to Mississippi and other subjects.
This collection is comprised of materials that document various aspects of Ronnie Shows' service as a United States Congressman from Mississippi's Fourth District (1998-2002). This collection should be of interest to anyone researching government at the national level.
The Henry and Sue [Lorenzi] Sojourner Civil Rights Movement Collection contains a vast array of materials from during and after the [Lorenzi] Sojourner’s time in Holmes County, Mississippi, during the Freedom Summer of 1964. This collection would be of interest to researchers studying the Civil Rights Movement, Mississippi history, and Freedom Summer.
The Tatum family were prominent owners of businesses and land in and around the Hattiesburg, Mississippi area beginning in 1893 with the establishment of their first lumber mill. The collection contains financial records, personal papers, photographs, blueprints, newspaper articles, maps and artifacts of the Tatum family’s business dealings as well as local Hattiesburg history, including W. S. F. Tatum’s mayoral term from 1922 to 1924 and again from 1928 to 1936.
S. G. Thigpen, Sr. of Picayune, Mississippi, was an area entrepreneur, historian, and writer who operated from his hardware store from 1919 to his death in 1981. The collection contains financial records, personal papers, essays, photographs, scrapbooks, sound recordings and newspaper articles of Thigpen's life and the Pearl River County, Mississippi area.
Photographs, slides, maps, and manuscripts produced by Station scientists and staff.
Materials documenting Zeman's activities as a Freedom Summer 1964 volunteer in Clarksdale, Mississippi.
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 19
- Photographs. 15
- Records (Documents). 15
- Letter. 13
- Mississippi. 10
- Newsletters. 10
- Memorabilia. 9
- Fliers (Ephemera). 8
- Manuscript. 8
- Periodicals. 8
- Brochures. 7
- Financial documents. 7
- Government publications. 7
- Programs (Publications). 7
- Calendar. 6
- Gulf Coast (Miss.). 6
- Biloxi (Miss.). 5
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 5
- Legal forms. 5 ∧ less
- Gandy, Evelyn, 26th Lieutenant Governor of Mississippi (Edythe Evelyn), 1920-2007 2
- Stennis, John C., Senator (John Cornelius), 1901-1995 2
- Allain, Bill, 59th Governor of Mississippi (William Alexander), 1928-2013 1
- Association of American Railroads. AAR (1934-) 1
- Bellande, Ray L., 1943- 1
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 1
- Bonhomie & Hattiesburg Southern Railroad Company. B & HS (1923-1953) 1
- Brookhaven Lumber & Manufacturing Company (1901-1922) 1
- Carter, Jimmy, Jr., 39th President of the United States (James Earl), 1924- 1
- Cochran, Thad, Senator, 1937- 1
- Dahmer, Vernon Ferdinand, 1908-1966 1
- Davis, Charles L., 1943-2016 1
- Fernwood, Columbia, and Gulf (Railroad). FC&G (1920-1972) 1
- Fike, Claude E., Dr., University Archivist and Director of McCain Library & Archives; Dean of the College of Arts, 1920-1994 1
- Glass, Jinny (Virginia Katharine Glass), 1943-1965 1
- Goodman, Andrew, 1943-1964 1
- Gulf, Mobile and Ohio Railroad Company. GM & O (1938-1972) 1
- Hattiesburg High School. 1
- Hattiesburg Sawmill Company (1922-1926) 1
- Ingram, Carroll H. 1 ∧ less