Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
Materials documenting activities of African-American political activist in Hattiesburg,
Diary, ship's log, memoirs, correspondence, memorabilia concerning his service in the U.S. Navy with the Seventh Fleet near New Guinea.
This collection contains materials generated and/or collected by Perry County Citizens Against Nuclear Disposal, Inc. (PC-CAND). This collection should be of interest to those researching any aspect of nuclear waste disposal.
Large collection of books, printed material, and memorabilia related to Mississippi and other subjects.
The Henry and Sue [Lorenzi] Sojourner Civil Rights Movement Collection contains a vast array of materials from during and after the [Lorenzi] Sojourner’s time in Holmes County, Mississippi, during the Freedom Summer of 1964. This collection would be of interest to researchers studying the Civil Rights Movement, Mississippi history, and Freedom Summer.
The Tatum family were prominent owners of businesses and land in and around the Hattiesburg, Mississippi area beginning in 1893 with the establishment of their first lumber mill. The collection contains financial records, personal papers, photographs, blueprints, newspaper articles, maps and artifacts of the Tatum family’s business dealings as well as local Hattiesburg history, including W. S. F. Tatum’s mayoral term from 1922 to 1924 and again from 1928 to 1936.
S. G. Thigpen, Sr. of Picayune, Mississippi, was an area entrepreneur, historian, and writer who operated from his hardware store from 1919 to his death in 1981. The collection contains financial records, personal papers, essays, photographs, scrapbooks, sound recordings and newspaper articles of Thigpen's life and the Pearl River County, Mississippi area.
- Photographs. 8
- Records (Documents). 8
- Financial documents. 6
- Calendar. 5
- Fliers (Ephemera). 5
- Manuscript. 5
- Newsletters. 5
- Periodicals. 5
- Programs (Publications). 5
- Brochures. 4
- Government publications. 4
- Legal forms. 4
- Political campaigns. 4
- Posters. 4
- Civil rights workers -- Mississippi. 3
- Essay. 3 ∧ less
- Allain, Bill, 59th Governor of Mississippi (William Alexander), 1928-2013 1
- Association of American Railroads. AAR (1934-) 1
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 1
- Bonhomie & Hattiesburg Southern Railroad Company. B & HS (1923-1953) 1
- Cochran, Thad, Senator, 1937- 1
- Dahmer, Vernon Ferdinand, 1908-1966 1
- Davis, Charles L., 1943-2016 1
- Fernwood, Columbia, and Gulf (Railroad). FC&G (1920-1972) 1
- Fike, Claude E., Dr., University Archivist and Director of McCain Library & Archives; Dean of the College of Arts, 1920-1994 1
- Gandy, Evelyn, 26th Lieutenant Governor of Mississippi (Edythe Evelyn), 1920-2007 1
- Glass, Jinny (Virginia Katharine Glass), 1943-1965 1
- Gulf, Mobile and Ohio Railroad Company. GM & O (1938-1972) 1
- Hattiesburg High School. 1
- Johnson, Dorothy (Dot) Power 1
- Johnson, Johnson, Paul B., Jr., Governor (Paul Burney), 1916-1985 1
- Johnson, Paul B., Sr., Governor (Paul Burney), 1880-1943 1
- Kentucky and Tennessee Railway. K&T (1902-1904) 1
- Lorenzi, Henry ([Lorenzi] Sojourner), -1982 1
- Lott, Trent, Senator, 1941- 1
- Paul B. Johnson Family 1 ∧ less