Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
Cherry Burns Collection
Materials from Cherry Burns’ world travels.
Will D. Campbell Papers
Literary manuscripts and office files of this Mississippi born author and Civil Rights activist.
Charles Davis Papers
Materials documenting activities of African-American political activist in Hattiesburg,
Peggy W. Prenshaw Collection
In 1989, Peggy Prenshaw donated materials to the University of Southern Mississippi Archives. The collection largely consists of papers related to her scholarship on Mississippi authors Eudora Welty and Elizabeth Spencer while a professor at USM. Also included are publications about women and women’s studies in academia.
Stephen C. Rose Papers
The Stephen C. Rose papers include a broad range of materials spanning a significant portion of Mr. Rose’s life. His relations with Will D. Campbell and his participation in the SCLC’s Student Interracial Ministry project should be of interest to researchers of civil rights activities in the southern United States. The collection is divided into three series, two of which contain several subseries.
Samuel C. Shirah, Jr. Papers
The Samuel C. Shirah, Jr., Papers contain numerous newspaper articles and journal articles dating from 1962 until 1999. Included also are a number of letters both to and from Sam, FBI files relating to two imprisonments, several SNCC publications, and various related newsletters and journals. Although Sam Shirah died in 1980, his mother, Mrs. Oneita Shirah, continued to collect materials pertaining to the Civil Rights era through 1999, and some of these are included in this collection.
Henry and Sue [Lorenzi] Sojourner Civil Rights Movement Collection
The Henry and Sue [Lorenzi] Sojourner Civil Rights Movement Collection contains a vast array of materials from during and after the [Lorenzi] Sojourner’s time in Holmes County, Mississippi, during the Freedom Summer of 1964. This collection would be of interest to researchers studying the Civil Rights Movement, Mississippi history, and Freedom Summer.
M. James Stevens Mississippi and Gulf Coast Research Collection
Thomas Daniel Young Papers
This collection contains correspondence, research materials, drafts, and lectures by the author or editor of a dozen books about Southern literature.
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 8
- Letter. 8
- Records (Documents). 8
- Photographs. 6
- Brochures. 4
- Civil rights. 4
- Essay. 4
- Map. 4
- Programs (Publications). 4
- Albums (Books). 3
- Books. 3
- Financial documents. 3
- Fliers (Ephemera). 3
- Legal forms. 3
- Memorabilia. 3
- Newspapers. 3
- Poetry. 3 + ∧ less
- Campbell, Will D., 1924-2003 2
- Committee of Southern Churchmen. 2
- Bishop, John Peale, 1892-1944 1
- Burns , Cherry Lou Fellner , 1926- 1
- Clayton, Al, 1934-2014 1
- Cowley, Malcolm, 1898-1989 1
- Dahmer, Vernon Ferdinand, 1908-1966 1
- Davidson, Donald, 1893-1968 1
- Davis, Charles L., 1943-2016 1
- Hattiesburg High School. 1
- Lanier, Sidney, 1842-1881 1
- Lorenzi, Henry ([Lorenzi] Sojourner), -1982 1
- Lytle, Andrew Nelson, 1902-1995 1
- Prenshaw, Peggy Whitman 1
- Ransom, John Crowe, 1888-1974 1
- Rose, Stephen C., 1936- 1
- Sojourner, Sue [Lorenzi] (Susan Sadoff Lorenzi Hasalo), 1941-2020 1
- Spencer, Elizabeth, 1921- 1
- Tate, Allen, 1899-1979 1
- Welty, Eudora, 1909-2001 1 + ∧ less