Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
Abstract The Frank D. Barber Papers consist of campaign materials from Barber’s bid for the Mississippi State Senate in 1959, six issues of Southern Exposure from 1952-1953, and materials relating to the conferring university status on Mississippi Southern College in 1962. This collection is of particular interest to researchers studying Mississippi politicians and the history of the University of Southern Mississippi.
Dates: 1952-1953; ; 1959; circa 1962
Abstract Family photographs and materials documenting the Civil Rights Movement in Mississippi.
Dates: Majority of material found within circa 1960s; 1995
Abstract The Edythe Evely Gandy Collection contains Gandy family materials, historical manuscript materials, photographs, films, and memorabilia.
Abstract This collection contains materials related to Arthur Lavonne Gilmore, Sr. and Arthur Lavonne Gilmore, Jr.
Abstract This collection contains records, notes, photographs, and publications.
Abstract This collection contains historical materials, children’s books, and various magazines.
Abstract This collection contains materials related to State Teachers College.
Form of Material The William Arthur Winstead Papers include scrapbooks, newspaper reports, proposed legislation, and other miscellaneous records concerning Rep. William Arthur Winstead, who served in the United States’ House of Representatives from 1943-1965. This collection would be of particular interest to researchers studying twentieth-century political history, Mississippi politicians, University of Southern Mississippi alumnae, and the Civil Rights Movement.
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 7
- Photographs. 7
- Records (Documents). 6
- Letter. 5
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 4
- Memorabilia. 4
- Books. 3
- Diplomas. 3
- Newsletters. 3
- Political campaigns. 3
- Politicians -- Mississippi. 3
- Posters. 3
- Awards. 2
- Brochures. 2
- Civil rights. 2
- Financial documents. 2
- Fliers (Ephemera). 2 ∧ less
- Barber, Frank David Barber, Senator, 1929-1997 1
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 1
- Branch, Raylawni G., 1941- 1
- Colmer, William Meyers, Congressman, 1890-1980 1
- Demonstration School (Hattiesburg, Miss.) (1926-1963) 1
- Gandy, Evelyn, 26th Lieutenant Governor of Mississippi (Edythe Evelyn), 1920-2007 1
- Gilmore, Arthur Lavonne, Jr., 1922-2015 1
- Gilmore, Arthur Lavonne, Sr., 1897-1974 1
- H. Weston Lumber Co. (Logtown, Miss.) 1
- Hattiesburg (Miss.) Public Schools. 1
- Hattiesburg High School. 1
- L.N. Dantzler Lumber Co. (Moss Point, Miss.) (1888-1966) 1
- McCarty, Kenneth Graham, 1935-2019 1
- Phillips, Tom Rhea, III, 1959-2019 1
- Stennis, John C., Senator (John Cornelius), 1901-1995 1
- The Hattiesburg American (Miss.) (1897-) 1
- Winstead, W. Arthur, Mississippi Congressman, U.S. House of Representatives (William Arthur), 1904-1995 1 ∧ less