Showing Collections: 1 - 12 of 12
Abstract Materials relating to her life-time of civil rights and human rights activities.
Dates: circa 1938-2000
Scope and Contents This collection contains correspondence, photographs, and other memorabilia relating to the life and career of Dr. John Calvin Berry, the first African American faculty member at the University of Southern Mississippi.
Abstract In 1971, William Brannon donated materials to the University of Southern Mississippi Archives. The collection largely consists of magazines, manuscripts, and correspondence related to the writer’s career as both a staff and freelance writer whose work appeared in many publications.
Abstract Materials documenting activities of African-American political activist in Hattiesburg,
Abstract The collection contains materials pertaining to the Vietnam War. These materials include medals, photographs, photocopies of books, reports, correspondence, and oversized maps.
Dates: 1868; circa early 1900s; 1940; 1948; 1956; 1979; 1983 – 1989; 1993 – 2002; Undated; Majority of material found within 1962-1971
Scope and Contents This collection consists of approximately 24 cubic feet of materials that document the life and career of Charles F. Heartman from about 1893 until his death in 1953. His wife, Martha, continued to run the bookselling business after her husband's death, and some materials in the collection relate to that time period. This collection should be of interest to researchers of antiquarian books, rare Americana, or the rare book and manuscript business. In addition it provides insight...
Dates: circa 1893-1990; Majority of material found within circa 1913-1963
Abstract Post cards, correspondence, printed items, photos, and other memorabilia collected by this long time Hattiesburg resident.
Dates: circa 1910-2010
Abstract Correspondence, reports, files, magazines documenting his career with the Mississippi Highway Patrol and as an attorney.
Abstract This collection contains materials related to Powell Ogletree.
Scope and Contents Large collection of books, printed material, and memorabilia related to Mississippi and other subjects.
Dates: 1646-to date
Scope and Contents Papers, correspondence, journal articles, certificates, awards, master's thesis, doctorial dissertations, etc. from Distinguished Professor of Polymer Science at the University of Southern Mississippi. Dr. Seymour is the inventor of high-imact polystyrene, engineering polymers, polymer concrete and disposable baby diapers.These materials provide an overview of Dr. Seymour's career as a research chemist and polymer researcher in both private industry and academia for fifty years. ...
Dates: circa 1935-1985
- Letter. 11
- Photographs. 10
- Records (Documents). 9
- Memorabilia. 8
- Awards. 7
- Brochures. 7
- Financial documents. 7
- Legal forms. 7
- Programs (Publications). 7
- Books. 6
- Essay. 6
- Greeting cards. 6
- Speech. 6
- Albums (Books). 5
- Diplomas. 5
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 5
- University of Southern Mississippi. 5 ∧ less
- Adams, Victoria Gray, 1926-2006 1
- Association of American Railroads. AAR (1934-) 1
- Berry, John Calvin, Dr., 1925-2013 1
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 1
- Brannon, W. T. (William Tibbetts), 1906-1981 1
- Dahmer, Vernon Ferdinand, 1908-1966 1
- Davis, Charles L., 1943-2016 1
- Fernwood, Columbia, and Gulf (Railroad). FC&G (1920-1972) 1
- Gulf, Mobile and Ohio Railroad Company. GM & O (1938-1972) 1
- Hattiesburg High School. 1
- Heartman, Charles F. (Charles Frederick), 1883-1953 1
- Kentucky and Tennessee Railway. K&T (1902-1904) 1
- Kyker, Fannie LaVelle “Goodie”, 1926-2009 1
- Marx, Charles Alvin, Dr., 1932- 1
- Ogletree, Powell G. 1
- Riley, James A. 1
- Rotary Club of Hattiesburg (Hattiesburg, Miss.) (1918-) 1
- Rotary District 6840 1
- Seymour, Raymond B., Dr. (Raymond Benedict), 1912-1991 1
- Southern Railroad Company (1894–1990) 1 ∧ less